Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Peterbuilt Wrecker

15 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

This is really looking great. I love the colors. I would have never thought to use the lightgreen, but it looks great. This is really coming together. 

I used Krylon Ivory for the base color and couldn't make up my mind on a second color.

My wife picked the second color. Had half a can of Ocean Mist Rustoleum sitting in the closet and she said it was perfect so that is what it became.

7 hours ago, Vince66 said:

Where did you make your hood cuts at if I may ask 

I got the idea from an article in Scale Auto magazine that I had years ago and no longer have.

I believe it was the width of the center raised section at the front angled to the center point at the back then squared it off to meet the cowl.

Been a long time ago so do some measuring and research it online. It may still be out there somewhere.

Edited by OldTrucker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

I got the idea from an article in Scale Auto magazine that I had years ago and no longer have.

I believe it was the width of the center raised section at the front angled to the center point at the back then squared it off to meet the cowl.

Been a long time ago so do some measuring and research it online. It may still be out there somewhere.

Seen somewhere this morning it's an 1/8 inch from each side of the wrecker bed.

That will help as I have an ho 1/87 Peterbilt that I will try to narrow the hood on 

Thanks again 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:53 PM, OldTrucker said:

Bed floor, header and rear panel ready for primer and finish.

Narrowed the hood, grill and working on the fender extensions.

20210628_144847.jpg

Where did you make your hood cuts at if I may ask 

• 3 weeks later...