Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 CAMARO

doubleyoung2003

On 7/2/2021 at 11:22 PM, Zippi said:

Really nice work on all the detail.  Wish I had a steady hand like you do.  

On 7/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, AMT68 said:

Spectacular work as always. Videos are always informative. Didn't realize CA glue could be used as a gap filler. 

You're very patient to have taken the time to remove the wiper blades. 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, RAMBENNA said:

fabulous build , looks so 1:1, great job

Thank you for watching!!😊 hope my video could bring some inspiration for everyone..🙂

Great work on a iconic model. Love the choice of paint and appreciate sharing the steps. It's a skill that most of modellers don't have - ability to lay down many layers of paint without creating "ripple effect" around panel lines. Also those extra touches such as door handles and PE wipers really helped elevating otherwise basic model. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, e30lover said:

Great work on a iconic model. Love the choice of paint and appreciate sharing the steps. It's a skill that most of modellers don't have - ability to lay down many layers of paint without creating "ripple effect" around panel lines. Also those extra touches such as door handles and PE wipers really helped elevating otherwise basic model. 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:02 PM, crazyjim said:

Excellent build of my favorite year Camaro.

Much appreciated!!😊

Outstanding build Lin . The inclusion of videos showing your techniques are really helpful , a pleasure to watch .

When you push the side decal into the scribed channel between door and side panel are you pushing to achieve a cut so decal will

adhere better to contour ?

Is there a difference between  sanding sponge and sanding paper ?

Thank You.

Robert.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, rob1957 said:

Outstanding build Lin . The inclusion of videos showing your techniques are really helpful , a pleasure to watch .

When you push the side decal into the scribed channel between door and side panel are you pushing to achieve a cut so decal will

adhere better to contour ?

Is there a difference between  sanding sponge and sanding paper ?

Thank You.

Robert.

Hi,sorry for late replying

Yes,I usually cut decal when it cross the panel line,and push it with some decal softer to achieve smooth.

I think the difference between sand paper and Sponge is the way I use it,when I try to sand the surface flat or try to change the line,I usually use sand paper with my finger or a wood bolck for jig...when the surface is curved or I just want to smooth the surface,I use sand sponge,there are no certain rule,just use them in your suitable way...

Hope this is useful and thank you for watching!

On 7/7/2021 at 1:24 AM, doubleyoung2003 said:

Thank you for watching!!😊 hope my video could bring some inspiration for everyone..🙂

As you said: definitely a good inspiration. Now want to try myself the chrome trim method, although I usually use bare metal, would be a great alternative to have! Thanks for the idea

• Thanks 1

Lin, beautiful Camaro! .... I really didn’t want to watch a whole 26 minute video, but once I started I couldn’t stop! Your videos are very nicely done.  I particarly appreciated the wheel masking segment. Wheels are not easy to get super clean lines on, but you showed us how. And yellow is not an easy color to make look great on plastic, but you pulled it off very well. Your level of skill becomes very evident while whatching your videos... Masterful work!

• Thanks 1