Model Cars Magazine Forum

McLaren Elva

A simple AMT kit that I got at a swap meet many years ago. It was missing some parts (steering wheel, all the exhaust pieces) and no decals so had to come up with that. Otherwise just a lot of detail painting to make it look decent. Testors dark blue.

McLaren1.jpg

McLaren4.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent clean stunning build Tony! (of what must be a relatively rare kit?) Is this 1/32? If so, I would love to have one this nice in the form of a Scalectrix or Revell slot car to race against my Chaparral! That spare tire on the dash of the actual 1:1 must have been a bear to extract if it was ever needed!

Nice build! Did you scratch build the exhaust pipes or repurpose something. I've got a number of built-ups of this and the other 3 (Lola, Hussain, and the Chaparral) to build as static versions and restore some slot cars. Most of my McLarens are missing those parts.

I wish Round2 would check into the molds to see if any of the cars from this series can be reissued. If you look at the AMT Opel GT kits including the latest reissue, the custom wheels are from the Lola T-70 so unfortunately perhaps some of the molds were broken up and no longer able to be run. Many years ago all 4 kits made it into a reissue survey for Ertl Blueprinter subscribers but obviously nothing became of it.

Edited by Phirewriter

• 5 months later...