Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dark side PT Cruiser

It's a shame that people who dare to work outside of society's box are met with suspicion and derision.  I spent a day at an art car even years ago and the people were fun to be with.  Just ordinary artistic folks who happened to paint their cars up in funky ways or glue things to them.  Art cars bring joy.

• Like 2

Like this :)

2016-10-17_23-50-09.jpg

I'm not making fun of the "skull PT". Just surprised seeing it.  Yes, I made a semi-joke. I didn't think it was nasty. Not all art is the same either, and not all art is understood by all folks. I don't see "art" in Picasso's paintings either. Still, his "art" is highly prized by others.  Our models can also be considered "art", especially those highly modified or scratch-built ones.

• Like 1

I'll freely admit to taking part in such a creation - twice; first time at the Museum of Contemporary Art when the public was invited to glue all kinds of little items on a '76 Cutlass sedan (haven't found a photo yet), and second when I was part of the crew that glued some 22,000 mirror tiles on the now-sort-of-famous Disco Pinto:

discopinto1.JPG.106caa3421881da9150caba84aa50939.JPG

I mostly worked on the driver side front fender and the passenger door.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

It's a shame that people who dare to work outside of society's box are met with suspicion and derision.  I spent a day at an art car even years ago and the people were fun to be with.  Just ordinary artistic folks who happened to paint their cars up in funky ways or glue things to them.  Art cars bring joy.

No disrespect meant, especially if the owner is a vet. But just because it’s outside the box doesn’t automatically make it art. Each to his own I guess.🤷‍♂️