Model Cars Magazine Forum

Daisy Duke's '71 Plymouth Satellite

Just to clarify: YES, they used a '74 Roadrunner which appeared in 5 of the first 9 episodes of The Dukes of Hazzard, then beginning with episode 11 they switched to a '71 Satellite Sebring in a Roadrunner paint scheme, hoping nobody would notice.  Some prefer the '74; personally I prefer the '71, finding it much sleeker and meaner looking with the wraparound bumper/grill assembly. 

Base kit is the Revell/Monogram '71 Plymouth GTX.  Modifications include:

-Replacement hood

-Smaller-block engine (from 71 Duster)

-Completely rebuilt & boosted rear suspension

-Replacement tires

-Wheel hubs from '77 Ford van

Additionally, all GTX logos were removed (not easy on the grill); headlights made from sanded/polished acrylic gemstones; engine bay heavily wired and detailed; scratchbuilt steering wheel, CB radio and antenna; paint is Plymouth Yellow Blaze.

Build thread is here:  http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/161874-daisy-dukes-plymouth-doh/

ftiGVgi.jpg

fhCS4NP.jpg

PeyFi62.jpg

DVjclHN.jpg

Qw1AuUO.jpg

2rXSWOM.jpg

Q3JgHNN.jpg

gtqbgAY.jpg

D9YcuVB.jpg

gdhsV0Z.jpg

fM8LbJD.jpg

xFyIPRh.jpg

Jti5aNN.jpg

zujmhb6.jpg

haMERMe.jpg

EUj5isS.jpg

aLV5v9L.jpg

bfbm5Xj.jpg

Edited by Andrew D the Jolly Roger
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

So cool seeing all the wiring! Where did you source it?

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Harry, I had someone else asking about the wiring over in the build thread; if you look at the currently-final post in the build thread, I put a few photos and a detailed explanation of the wiring I source and keep on hand for this.  Here's the link:  http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/161874-daisy-dukes-plymouth-doh/page/3/

• Thanks 1

I love watching your Dukes vehicles being built. It's always amazing work and this one is fantastic. Do you think you could round up all of them for a group photo? I would love to see them together and I'm sure everyone else would too.

1 hour ago, mchook said:

I love watching your Dukes vehicles being built. It's always amazing work and this one is fantastic. Do you think you could round up all of them for a group photo? I would love to see them together and I'm sure everyone else would too.

Thank you! Yep, I'm planning just that, have had a few others ask the same thing....

Wow..Very impressive! I appreciate your dedication to accuracy for the movie set car. Your work on this is very well done. Love the weathering of the undercarriage, and the engine detail is extraordinary! 

13 minutes ago, Andrew D the Jolly Roger said:

Thank you! Yep, I'm planning just that, have had a few others ask the same thing....

Great! Are you planning on doing a diorama? I'm a huge Dukes fan, I have a pretty good size collection of stuff, everything from a bar of soap to a pedal car. It's still all packed up from our move but maybe one day Ill get it all back out to display. I really can't wait to see your group of Hazzard County's finest. 

• 3 months later...