Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebbro 1972 Citroen DS 21 Pallas [1/24]

e30lover

Iconic build of an iconic car. Previous posters have said it all about this model, so there is nothing I can really add to the praises made already!

Considering the DS series was introduced way back in the sixties, the car was so futuristic for its time both in body styling and technical innovations such as adjustable hydraulic suspension ride height at the touch of a button and a steering wheel with just one single spoke.

Ebbro have certainly made a very fine kit of this car in 1/24th scale. I can only think of Heller having made kits of a DS but I think theirs are 1/16th scale (a saloon and a convertible) and have been around for some time now.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:42 AM, peteski said:

The model in that video is amazing!  I wonder what he uses for chrome foil? It sure does not look like BMF.  And it seems to conform to complex curves (like the taillights).

I asked and he said he uses Hasegawa mirror finish. Definitely harder to cut than BMF as it has vinyl like texture but the end result can be pretty amazing.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:08 AM, ATHU said:

Another breathtaking build from you Chang, great detail, excellent color choice and the paint looks absolutely sensationel!!

That guy in the video really walked the extra mile in terms of detail, incredible work!!

Thank you. Really appreciate it! 

On 7/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Iconic build of an iconic car. Previous posters have said it all about this model, so there is nothing I can really add to the praises made already!

Considering the DS series was introduced way back in the sixties, the car was so futuristic for its time both in body styling and technical innovations such as adjustable hydraulic suspension ride height at the touch of a button and a steering wheel with just one single spoke.

Ebbro have certainly made a very fine kit of this car in 1/24th scale. I can only think of Heller having made kits of a DS but I think theirs are 1/16th scale (a saloon and a convertible) and have been around for some time now.

Ebbro kits are very expensive but I'd say it's well worth the extra price!

On 7/8/2021 at 7:35 AM, Zippi said:

That paint job is just out of the box.  The attention to detail is top knotch and the bmf work looks flawless.   Great job on the build. 

Thanks a lot! 

Thanks for finding out what the modeler in YouTube video used for chrome trim.  I think that stuff was discussed on this forum. I'll have to see if I can give it a try.

I can only hope that my model will come out as nice as yours. I don't think it will be anywhere near the one in that video, but it would be so very cool to open the rear doors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...