Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hazzard County Fleet

Hey folks,

Had a few requests here and elsewhere to see the entire lineup (so far) of my Hazzard County fleet which has been under construction for the past 6 years.  Hope this is the right place to post them!

None of these are out-of-the-box, each taking a huge investment of time, research and effort; y'all have been amazingly patient with all my questions, thank you!  Greatest challenge was probably the tow truck. 

Next addition is already in the research and materials-gathering stage.

Hope you enjoy!

gZcH6lW.jpg

h8VZ57t.jpg

XL1nSY4.jpg

eQ9cS15.jpg

3IUxJaE.jpg

uaj6d4f.jpg

ZgYlKhN.jpg

bsVUjrF.jpg

f0Ezc1g.jpg

mRIDoph.jpg

HCfzbSm.jpg

Edited by Andrew D the Jolly Roger
  • Like 5

Each of these builds are as fantastic as the one before. The level of dedication and commitment you put forth far exceeds anything I've ever seen before. I have followed along with your workbench threads in pure Amazement as your skills are put to the test. You make it look easy and continue to inspire us with each build. Just when I think you can't possibly "One up" yourself you prove me wrong every time! 😁 I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next...

"Sheriff, there's just one thing I wanna say. You must be part coon dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them, and son, you make 'em look like they're all runnin' in slow motion". 😆🤣😂

Do I see a Smokey & the Bandit fleet in your future... 🤔🤔🤔

Thanks Ray!  😎

2 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Each of these builds are as fantastic as the one before. The level of dedication and commitment you put forth far exceeds anything I've ever seen before. I have followed along with your workbench threads in pure Amazement as your skills are put to the test. You make it look easy and continue to inspire us with each build. Just when I think you can't possibly "One up" yourself you prove me wrong every time! 😁 I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next...

"Sheriff, there's just one thing I wanna say. You must be part coon dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them, and son, you make 'em look like they're all runnin' in slow motion". 😆🤣😂

Do I see a Smokey & the Bandit fleet in your future... 🤔🤔🤔

Anthony, thank you for the very kind words, truly! I would like to respond that, not normally being a car-builder, I've learned so much from you guys in here, with all the patience for all my questions as I take on each build.  

Never was a Smokey fan, but I do have several other fleet-collections, albeit in aircraft.  I did place at NATS back in 2010 with a complete 1/72 history of the Jolly Rogers Navy fighter squadron, which is a fleet of 31 planes that took a decade to research and build.  Recently I also did the complete history of the Vermont Air National Guard, 14 strong.  

Edited by Andrew D the Jolly Roger
  • Like 1

Kindest thanks for the kind words; I've learned a lot from you folks and have enjoyed your work as well.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, Zippi said:

Nice collection.  I always thought it was strange that as cousin's, Bo and Luke shared a car.

Well, yeah, except that in the story they had grown up like siblings from a very young age.  In the story their parents had all been killed in the same accident when the boys were very young, so Uncle Jesse was mostly the only parent they had known.  When I lived in the Deep South for a time I did see cousins close together a couple of times, so I guess it's partially cultural....

• 1 year later...

Great looking Hazzard County line up! I enjoyed the WIP threads you did on some of them. Good job of getting the details as tv show correct as you did. These are probably the most accurate models I’ve seen.

I plan to start working on my own Dukes line up soon, hope you don’t mind if I copy some of your techniques!