Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvino’s 2021 Chase Elliott Camaro?

dawgvet

So I’ve been hearing rumors of Salvino’s JR models may be doing Chase Elliott’s 2021 Cup Series Championship Napa Camaro. Has anyone heard anything about this? If so, like any idea of when it may be coming? 

Thanks,

Jed

+++During one of the video updates Salvinos said they will be doing the car. And they said it will be ready late AUG 2021. 

I kinda feel it will be a miracle if they go from nothing to full kit in this amount of time....but best of luck to them!!! 

It's strange if they do the 2021 car with the change to the Next Gen car 2022, everything is totally different except for the engine on the new car, 18 inch aluminum wheels with center nut, sequential gearbox, independent rear suspension and the body looks different from what they use today.
Revell did kind of the same mistake when they did the last NASCAR Chevy SS kit 2017, the year after the GM teams changed to the Camaro body, they are neat kits but got out of date very soon after they released the kit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Force said:

It's strange if they do the 2021 car with the change to the Next Gen car 2022, everything is totally different except for the engine on the new car, 18 inch aluminum wheels with center nut, sequential gearbox, independent rear suspension and the body looks different from what they use today.
Revell did kind of the same mistake when they did the last NASCAR Chevy SS kit 2017, the year after the GM teams changed to the Camaro body, they are neat kits but got out of date very soon after they released the kit.

It's not too far-fetched, but there is a demand for the Gen-6 Camaros among NASCAR modellers. There are plenty of decal liveries out there, and having the Champion/Most Popular Driver's car available isn't a bad solution. The Chevy SS kit has been very pricey over the past couple of years, and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, iBorg said:

Could they have the last Revell molds and just be updating them to the new body? I know many believe the last Revell glue kits were the best Nascar kits released.

Salvino's has already said the last Revell moulds were not amongst their acquisitions. They only received the 1980s and 1990s tooling held in Illinois at the time of Hobbico's bankruptcy. The rest of the tooling is housed in China, and who knows how long it would take to get that tooling back, if it's even possible. 

1 hour ago, iBorg said:

Could they have the last Revell molds and just be updating them to the new body? I know many believe the last Revell glue kits were the best Nascar kits released.

Per Salvinos the last Gen Revell kits are in China.....not included in the Atlantis deal.....and if you know about China the tooling is not leaving there soon.....and is tied up with Revell(of Germany)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iBorg said:

These are all new tooling, designed by Jim Rogers.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:34 AM, Force said:

Currently the only way to build a Camaro is with a resin body; there is a pent-up demand and desire for a Camaro plastic kit even with the change coming next year. I think these kits will be very successful for them.

There are for sure a demand for the Camaro ZL-1 body as Revell never updated the latest NASCAR Ford Fusion and Chevy SS kits maybe mostly due to the bankruptcy of Hobbico and change of ownership, and the new owners doesn't seem to be interested in doing any NASCAR kits even tho' they have the best NASCAR tooling done in their inventory with their 2017 kits, a new body with glass and decals was all needed to upgrade the kits to the current cars the NASCAR teams have used until today, Camaro (from 2018) and Mustang (from 2019).
I just think new tooling for a Camaro kit might be a little harder to make profitable as you can't go any further with it and do the Next Gen cars that will be used from 2022, only older cars between 2018 and 2021 and with new bodies even older cars down to 2013 when the COT was replaced.
The Next Gen cars are totally different except for engines so it's not possible to upgrade without doing another completely new tool and this ain't cheap by any means.
Just a thought from the business side of it as the segment of NASCAR builders are quite small and it's a big risk.
But if they do I will most likely buy one or two.

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning the 2020 Elliott Camaro..... As far as when it will be available is anyone's guess. NASCAR has a strict "code of silence" on products they license. I can only recommend that builders join the SJRM Builders Club (link: Salvinos JR Models) for up to date news and specials they offer. I've been a member for about a year now and the things they are doing will only enhance our enjoyment of building  models.  And believe me, you'll be surprised at what they have for members!!

• 1 month later...

Salvino's JR Has announced the following today.

More details are expected to be announced in the next 30-60 days.

This is all that we currently know and all we are likely to find out until the above mentioned announcement.

SJR Hendrick.jpeg

It has been hinted that these are all-new tooling but that is only a rumor.

Edited by MG Brown
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MG Brown said:

It has been hinted that these are all-new tooling but that is only a rumor.

They are all new tooling. Jim had to start from scratch as they were unable to acquire the tooling from Revell. Those ones are overseas and not in a warehouse domestically.

8 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

They are all new tooling. Jim had to start from scratch as they were unable to acquire the tooling from Revell. Those ones are overseas and not in a warehouse domestically.

Also the 2002 Revell chassis would be 100% incorrect for a 2021 car.....so just as well. 

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Vince66 said:

Builders club sorry I'm stupid here as I haven't kept up with the kit industry

It's like book of the month club. Each month they mail you a new kit, I'm guessing the newest release if there is one. If no new release than an older one, I guess. 

• 3 weeks later...

The kits that are produced are super nice and they do the older kits.  The Club members do enjoy perks. If you like NASCAR, the club is the way to go.  The previously announced Next Gen Camaro with the rollout decals was the first....others previously shown will follow shortly thereafter.  As with any club, they have rules and such that we all follow...best bet is to contact Chris or Rick (contact info is on the website).

I am extremely happy joining the club and what they have planned for the future!