Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvino’s 2021 Chase Elliott Camaro?

dawgvet

Yes, they are producing gen7 Camaro kit. No fords or Toyotas yet. No they are not moving away from the 70’s & 80’s cars. Lots of cool stuff planned for 2022.

Jim Rodgers designed this from ground up with CAD files. Details are amazing. Due to licensing, the plans cannot be shown publicly without consent from Nascar and Salvino’s.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I just saw where the Chase Elliott kit was available for purchase on Salvino’s site. I placed my order for 3 kits. It says available late March. Does this mean they are shipping them now!?! Has anyone seen these in the flesh? How was the first Next Gen kits?

Any input appreciated. 
Thanks

12 hours ago, dawgvet said:

I just saw where the Chase Elliott kit was available for purchase on Salvino’s site. I placed my order for 3 kits. It says available late March. Does this mean they are shipping them now!?! Has anyone seen these in the flesh? How was the first Next Gen kits?

Any input appreciated. 
Thanks

Production is set to start up on Monday. The Chase kits will be sent out to their Club members first then the Roll Out cars will we done then back to the others, they figure they can do about 1000 kits a day so won't take them long to get all their allotments done.

They had set backs due to NASCAR changing something and they had to rework the molds a bit. I think they said on their FB chat on Saturday they expect shipments to start flowing out by the 15th, so pending on timing stores might see them by the end of the month, direct from Salvino you might see yours in your hands by the end of the month.

Iv'e go a couple on pre-order as well so looking forward to getting my hands on one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:02 PM, weirich1 said:

I got my Salvinos JR #9 Chase Elliott Camaro on the bench, looks great so far, such accuracy for the Next Gen car.

Still................waiting...................for............................mine..................Mine's been on an epic journey of 2+weeks now from California to Ontario. I'm hoping to get it this week. But I am a bit surprised that no one has put up a wip for one of these yet.