Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maserati 250F - Fangio winning car (MFH 1/12)

Superb model build Tomasz.

Those older Grand Prix cars from the 50's make good subject material. I wish that Tamiya or Italeri would make some of these in 1/12 th scale. Italeri have made a couple of vintage racers, a Fiat and an Alfa, so hopefully they will carry on with these. Maybe a Bugatti Type 59 or 35b, Auto Union of Mercedes from the inter war period would be nice, or even a much better detailed 1/12th scale Blower Bentley than the old Airfix kit.

The MFH kits are truly brilliant, but the cost is too prohibitive for many who would love to see more affordable kits of these cars.I

A question Tomasz. Did you make all the accessories like tools, oil cans and other bits and pieces from scratch? If not, are they included in the MFH kit, or as a separate kit from someone else?

Edited by Bugatti Fan

On 7/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

A question Tomasz. Did you make all the accessories like tools, oil cans and other bits and pieces from scratch? If not, are they included in the MFH kit, or as a separate kit from someone else?

It's varied. Tamiya Motor Racing Tool Set, China and scratching. Everything weathered and with my decals :)

Old Bentley from Airfix is very good base for upgrades closer to the original :)

Edited by primabaleron

Thanks for your reply about the accessories Tomasz.

I agree the old Bentley kit that was first issued way back in the 1970's from Airfix is worth doing the extra work on. I have upgraded one myself in the pasf. I am surprised that no one to date has made an upgrade set in photo etched for that kit!