Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Model A 5 window coupe

25 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

A few days ago I asked for an update ...  will let you know if I find out anything new....TIM 

Maybe it's on that tub which blocked the Suez canal for a few weeks and has been released yesterday after agreeing to pay a substantial sum as compensation for hindering world trade.

Edited by Luc Janssens

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up Gilles.  I have heard no updates from my sources here in the States about this so extremely encouraging to see this Revell Germany info.  

Guys, I guess I just have to scratch my head over the timetable for reissuing this kit.  So few of the original kit were produced before the production interruption that this one is essentially an all-new tool introduction.   One that they have been sitting on for many months now (presuming that the Coupe portion of the kit tool was restored at the same time as the '29 Roadster kit reintro).   

Coupe was always going to be, by far, the better seller of the two kits.  Five years have passed since the first intro of the kit, and while acknowledging the issues - taking whatever actions were required to return the tool to operational status, and then Covid - it still seems that the delay in reintroducing the kit has gone on WAY too long. 

Obviously, the tooling owners see this from a different perspective than I do.  It's their asset and they can do as they please.  But hopefully our long wait a return to production of what is one of the best hot rod model car kits ever produced is soon to be over. 

TIM  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Thanks for the heads-up Gilles.  I have heard no updates from my sources here in the States about this so extremely encouraging to see this Revell Germany info.  

Guys, I guess I just have to scratch my head over the timetable for reissuing this kit.  So few of the original kit were produced before the production interruption that this one is essentially an all-new tool introduction.   One that they have been sitting on for many months now (presuming that the Coupe portion of the kit tool was restored at the same time as the '29 Roadster kit reintro).   

Coupe was always going to be, by far, the better seller of the two kits.  Five years have passed since the first intro of the kit, and while acknowledging the issues - taking whatever actions were required to return the tool to operational status, and then Covid - it still seems that the delay in reintroducing the kit has gone on WAY too long. 

Obviously, the tooling owners see this from a different perspective than I do.  It's their asset and they can do as they please.  But hopefully our long wait a return to production of what is one of the best hot rod model car kits ever produced is soon to be over. 

TIM  

Tim,

I think the evidence is in by now, post bankruptcy, and that is that the German owners are extremely conservative about the risks they are willing to take in both introducing new product, and even in re-releasing proven product that are still among their assets. The team at Atlantis, whatever they may own now, seem almost radically creative in their releases compared to Revell. I sometimes wonder just how much the Germans have sold off on the cheap. The E-Type coupe is definitely in the style of what we would expect from Revell-Of-Germany pre-bankruptcy, and yet is oddly un-creative and redundant, with the additional misstep, IMHO, of releasing it in red plastic. It may hint at even greater conservatism (pre-paint red?) than I think. So, despite the near-doubling of prices on eBay for old Revell stock, I am not surprised to see them slow-walk all their releases, new-tool or otherwise. Perhaps the bankruptcy was more shocking to the German owners than we can know.  A perusal of the current "new-Revell" catalog shows how disappointing this has to be be to plastic modelers of all stripes, not just car modelers. The re-release '30 5-window, perhaps the last hurrah of the old auto-model team at U.S.A. Revell, shows this.

B.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, oldrevellfan said:

But I don't see the 32 ford grill any more on the box ...

I can't think of any reason why the '32 grille would not be in the kit. 

With the original release box art, they only showed the '30A grille shell in one small buildup picture on one side panel; all the other buildup images were the '32 grille.  Maybe this time they went with '30A grille to show some visual differentiation vs. the original release's box art.

I recommend we assume the best (that both grilles will be in the kit) until actual experience proves otherwise.  Or...hope I'm right on this one!  

Cheers....TIM 

16 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I can't think of any reason why the '32 grille would not be in the kit. 

With the original release box art, they only showed the '30A grille shell in one small buildup picture on one side panel; all the other buildup images were the '32 grille.  Maybe this time they went with '30A grille to show some visual differentiation vs. the original release's box art.

I recommend we assume the best (that both grilles will be in the kit) until actual experience proves otherwise.  Or...hope I'm right on this one!  

Cheers....TIM 

I don't know why they would remove it, especially since it's integrated in the same parts tree as the interior panels. And the insert is part of the chrome shot with the stock grille and windshield surround. Would just seem silly to delete it. But stranger things have happened.

Tim, these images are from your fotki album for this kit. hope it's ok.

DSC 0446

DSC 0434

On 7/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, alexis said:

Given how leaky those things are, I don't see them floating for long.

So, I'd say "No" on your decal request.

The Containers (and kits) are Probably on the Evergiven, anyways. LOL

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57746424

I tried to access that site and got an ad for "The Walking Dead". I hope that isn't a bad omen.

13 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I don't know why they would remove it, especially since it's integrated in the same parts tree as the interior panels. And the insert is part of the chrome shot with the stock grille and windshield surround. Would just seem silly to delete it. But stranger things have happened.

Tim, these images are from your fotki album for this kit. hope it's ok.

DSC 0446

DSC 0434

Thanks Craig.  Wanted to take the time to check this out myself, but time is tight right now.  Thx for posting....TIM

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

My advice is that if you see them show up for sale, buy all that you will ever want NOW!  

TB 

I’m still buying the roadster kit at a rate of a couple a month just to build a stockpile!  

Will definitely be stocking up on these too!