Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Model A 5 window coupe

3 hours ago, oldrevellfan said:

Recieve mine today (thanks to Revell Germany and my local hobby shop !)

It have the 32 Ford grille, but not mention in the instruction !

20210907_184953.jpg.372673f97ce5746dc0e5d1f79880e36a.jpg

20210907_185144.jpg.c08369073f6caba9e1c520a086be3703.jpg

20210907_185542.jpg.f2c94522dcd65ebe0a6faf0946c5c902.jpg20210907_185328.jpg.81294a17845d5f23fc134072ca2092cd.jpg20210907_185833.thumb.jpg.86c55fa4f53c520bb745693ae5632a14.jpg

•  

Gilles....huge thanks for posting this news. 

SO.....does anyone know if the kit available now from any United States based source, or do I have to order one from a European mail order house?  If only the latter, any recommendations on who would offer the best price and/or quickest overseas delivery?

Thanks again...TIM 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldrevellfan said:

Recieve mine today (thanks to Revell Germany and my local hobby shop !)

It have the 32 Ford grille, but not mention in the instruction !

Salut Gilles,

Thanks for this important update. I saw your post on Koolest Kruisers (top flight French auto modeler's forum with some of the finest builders you can hope to see) where you remind us that although it includes the Deuce grill, the motor and wheels have been swapped between the ' 29 Roadster and the '30 Coupe kits since the original releases. This means no Halibrand mag wheels in this kit, correct? And of course the motor is a Buick Nailhead with Hilborn injectors as the high power option instead of a GMC blower and dual 4 barrel carbs.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Your right Bernard, no hallibrand wheels, for the coupe, you have to buy the 29 roadster to have them.

The motor is also the buick nailhead.

Tim, I was hope full to order one by my hobby shop as soon as I have the kit number, it can not been order from the web site in Europe neither yet.

Sorry, I didn't plan to ship some to US the cost of the package should value around 50 $ .

2 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

The asian mentality is manufacture in batches. Whoa to those that want in between batches. Assume that you will never see another batch.

Bob, hope everyone out there in model car kit land is listening to us and is prepared to pounce when the '30A 5W Hot Rod Coupe kit here finally reemerges here in the States in and other markets across the world.....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

1 hour ago, tim boyd said:

Bob, hope everyone out there in model car kit land is listening to us and is prepared to pounce when the '30A 5W Hot Rod Coupe kit here finally reemerges here in the States in and other markets across the world.....TIM 

...and if it progresses the way many thing have, I still have a couple of first issue '30 Coupes in hand, waiting for that big online score!!!

Seriously, I hope we do see good distribution of the Coupe here, after all the time builders have waited to get their hands on these kits.

5 hours ago, tim boyd said:

I am in full crouch mode waiting to pounce when these finally hit the ground here.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 5:05 PM, tim boyd said:

Gilles....huge thanks for posting this news. 

SO.....does anyone know if the kit available now from any United States based source, or do I have to order one from a European mail order house?  If only the latter, any recommendations on who would offer the best price and/or quickest overseas delivery?

Thanks again...TIM 

Any recommendations for European dealers that have this in stock??

On 9/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Hmm, available since August huh... I am wondering if production is still in China, or if they moved it to Europe. 

My wife who works in the office of a supply company says ships are waiting to be unloaded because the docs ar full not enough workers and you know the rest men..