Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts Packs in Atlantis new Mooneyes Dragster kit

The original double kit did not use the dragster chassis speed equipment pack, it used the roadster chassis equipment pack.  Since the new issue will build one car, hopefully it will include the dragster chassis equipment pack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Parts Packs

these are the parts packs that will make up the new Mooneyes Dragster kit from Atlantis.

C1101 283 engine

C1102 392 engine

C1131 Mooneyes dragster frame

C1124 Dragster Parts

C1141 Wheels

C1143 Tires

check them out in the link above

Is this information from Atlantis?

4 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Not Greg but some online retailers are saying the same thing in their pre sell listings. If not true some folks may be mad. 

that's what I'm thinking, but no hurry - will wait for the kit to hit the shelves.  hate to see Atlantis raked over the coals for misinformation that came from other places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muncie said:

that's what I'm thinking, but no hurry - will wait for the kit to hit the shelves.  hate to see Atlantis raked over the coals for misinformation that came from other places.

That’s sadly never stopped anyone here or on intarweb in general. I want one and I’m not huge FED fan. 

This is great news!  I was hoping that it would include the roadster chassis equipment, which is crammed with goodies. Still, it's like being told that you've been given $1000, but  it'll consist of ten 100 dollar bills, rather than the hoped for fifty 20 dollar bills.

23 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Parts Packs

these are the parts packs that will make up the new Mooneyes Dragster kit from Atlantis.

C1101 283 engine

C1102 392 engine

C1131 Mooneyes dragster frame

C1124 Dragster Parts

C1141 Wheels

C1143 Tires

check them out in the link above

The other thing that might be misleading about this without more information is that most of the original Revell part pack engines, wheels, roadster frames and both chassis equipment parts packs were chromed. in the double dragster kits, only the engines were chrome. Either way is OK for me so I'll wait until I see one.

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I'd buy multiples of all of those too!

I did (for the double kits)...having believed the "experts" that constantly rebleated that the tooling was lost-'n-gone-forever.

I've paid stiff money for them, but I'll be happy to see 'em all readily available again anyway.  B)

On 7/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, Karl LaFong said:

This is great news!  I was hoping that it would include the roadster chassis equipment, which is crammed with goodies. Still, it's like being told that you've been given $1000, but  it'll consist of ten 100 dollar bills, rather than the hoped for fifty 20 dollar bills.

???

I don't get the correlation, but I'd gladly take the money in any form I could get it!

Off topic - I hope Atlantis got all the motorcycle parts packs. In one box, that would be worth a "million bucks" to me!

3 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Yes, totally different kits and makers

That’s what I thought (but never built either…)

Thank you!

There’s a lot of slingshot dragster parts and kits appearing all of a sudden, what with these and the Gopher/Revell frame parts pack that just got reissued

4 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

That’s what I thought (but never built either…)

Thank you!

There’s a lot of slingshot dragster parts and kits appearing all of a sudden, what with these and the Gopher/Revell frame parts pack that just got reissued

And don't forget this one from not that long ago...

Slingster Dragster (Model Car) Package1