Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Lights '69 Dodge Charger Funny Car Hot Wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Here's hoping Round 2 uses the Hot Wheels brand on many of their future kits.

I can see a HW Ford Louisville hauler, a HW Dodge L700 car carrier, a HW Ford van (MPC kit please!), as well as a matching muscle car series.

Dare I say - 69 Charger, 67 Camaro, 69 Barracuda or 69 Oldsmobile?

If it works for collectible Coca-Cola, then the Mattel die-casts have a following too!

Edited by Oldcarfan27

On 7/19/2021 at 12:33 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Here's hoping Round 2 uses the Hot Wheels brand on many of their future kits.

Agreed! If you gotta use sponsorship, let's have it automotive (related) based! I'd rather have these decals in my stash than a bunch of Coke logos.

16 hours ago, peteski said:

That might be difficult to get jut now. But Molotow, Spaz Stick, Alclad II Chrome, or similar finish might do it justice.

If I wanted to try to match the finish on that Hot Wheels thing, I think I'd at least give Krylon Silver Shimmer a try. (I've used the blue, and have the green and red. The Blue Shimmer job came out nice.) 

https://www.krylon.com/products/shimmer-metallic

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:14 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Interesting that Mattel, a toy company, has licensed their branding to what is essentially another toy company.

Wouldn't be the first time. AMT/Ertl had a line of 1/32 scale Hot Wheels branded kits back in the early 90s. 

On 7/29/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dave Darby said:

Wouldn't be the first time. AMT/Ertl had a line of 1/32 scale Hot Wheels branded kits back in the early 90s. 

I think it was Monogram in the 80s. 

474x-23.jpg.73bb5d44c312ec6b7518ee29ca9e72cb.jpg

Does anybody even remember when Mattel owned both Hot Wheels AND Monogram models at the same time?

11 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I think it was Monogram in the 80s. 

474x-23.jpg.73bb5d44c312ec6b7518ee29ca9e72cb.jpg

Does anybody even remember when Mattel owned both Hot Wheels AND Monogram models at the same time?

Not just Monogram. I can't find my box, but the 34 Sedan Delivery in the photo with the Blueprinter was a Hot Wheels labeled AMT kit.

20210731_122144.jpg

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, Brandon17 said:

Question for you Casey. The pledge revive it you used after you applied the decals do you always just brush that on? And do you do anything else after the pledge dries? Your build looks great! Thank you

Not mine, hpiguy/Chris' build and video. 😉 You can ask him in the comments section below the YouTube video, or he's a member here, too, so you could PM him and ask directly. Lots of Pledge/Future Shine/Whatever it's most recent name is info here too: