Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlits "Wynnsliner" 1/16 Scale on the Workbench 7/9/21

Hello......I am starting this 1/16 Scale Don Garlits Wynnsliner......My friend Keven Ellis 3D printed the body and Tires ......My Buddy Brad Norgaard AKA "Gasser 59" Donated the engine for the build......and of course I will be using some Chris Sobak Designs parts on this build......Decals were printed by Gary with Circle Track Decals......I will be using parts box parts and will be scratch building parts......I just finished this 1/12 Air Radial Bike  you can see Curt Ratz and my Bike in WIP "All the Rest" section......thanks for looking

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

garlits sr17.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

Edited by John Teresi
  • Like 1

I've been really looking forward to seeing another of your projects hit the bench John.  Back over Christmastime I spent an enjoyable few days going through the dozens of excellent build threads that you've posted here in the past...I've since referred back to them on multiple occasions and continue to re-read them frequently for inspiration.

Can't wait to see this one come together!

Hello......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them......I got the two body half's married together and hinged the canopy.......I modified the chassis  and scratch built the front end ......thank you to Chris "Sobak Designs" for drawing me up a pair of rear wheels and had them 3D printed for me.......I added the driver and made a roll bar cover and made some frame tins.......I got the parachutes mocked up......I will work on the engine next......thanks for looking.

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

DSCF1730.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

DSCF1734.jpg

DSCF1736.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

DSCF1718.jpg

DSCF1731.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

DSCF1716.jpg

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Sir!

Impressive work, as usual. This full-bodied liner reminds me of the Barry Setzer monocoque fueler that you recreated a few years ago. Simply stunning!

Keep On!

CT

PS: What happened to the monocoque Mickey Thompson FC you started last year? Just curious... 

Hi Claude......My Mickey Thompson F/C is ready for paint and primer......when Covid hit I stopped building for awhile.......then I decided to get back to the bench a few months ago......I wanted to build  about 3 builds to get back my Mojo......then finish up the Mickey Thompson F/C cause that car is my all time favorite and wanted to be in the groove before I finished it.......I have one more model I want to build after the Wynnsliner then I'll be ready to finish it.......thanks for asking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello......I finally got myself back to the bench last month and I think I got my Mojo back............here are  a few WIP pics of the "Wynnsliner"......it is finished .....but,I need to take a few more pics of it in the finished stages......I will be taking it to the NNL West this weekend June 11th 2022.......I won BOS at DSC Arizona 2022 last month with it......I was very proud of that......I will post "Outside" finished pics when I get back from NNL West......thanks for looking......I also finished my M/T Monocoque Mustang F/C yesterday and posted pictures of it  too

DSCF1827.jpg

DSCF1828.jpg

DSCF1830.jpg

DSCF1833.jpg

DSCF1834.jpg

DSCF1836.jpg

DSCF1842.jpg

DSCF1844.jpg

DSCF1847.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

• Like 4

Uh-Duh........excuse me as I've got to get my swim trunks on so I can go swimming in that black paint.   The color / weathering on the chassis stands out too John.  Be sure to post more pics when you can of this one as well.  Any outdoor pics per chance?   cheers, tim