Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Plymouth Cuda Hemi 426

bluestringer

12 hours ago, adamelvis said:

I built this kit. It went together nicely, except for the front & rear valance.  I even corrected the notorious headlight gap in the front grille. 

It has a nice engine that is great for detailing !

Have Fun ! 

If you could do a tutorial on how to fix that front grill that would be great!!!!

On 7/13/2021 at 6:33 AM, drodg said:

If you could do a tutorial on how to fix that front grill that would be great!!!!

Hi David,

Here is the link to an older post of my Cuda build.  Go with the 2nd method that I used and drill out the whole headlight template and make a new one.   You will have to cut the chrome dual headlight piece in half and sand away some plastic material, then glue them in from behind separately.  

You have good skills, so this should be not very challenging.

Happy building !    Adam

Guys I appreciate the craftsmanship some of you put into your builds, but I'm not at that point yet, not going to be cutting and drilling on my build. It's just a basic out of the box build. I welcome any comments on my build, good or bad, here in my work in progress post.

Steve....what yellow is that? It's what I had in mind for mine. 

18 hours ago, adamelvis said:

Hi David,

Here is the link to an older post of my Cuda build.  Go with the 2nd method that I used and drill out the whole headlight template and make a new one.   You will have to cut the chrome dual headlight piece in half and sand away some plastic material, then glue them in from behind separately.  

You have good skills, so this should be not very challenging.

Happy building !    Adam

Thank You

21 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Guys I appreciate the craftsmanship some of you put into your builds, but I'm not at that point yet, not going to be cutting and drilling on my build. It's just a basic out of the box build. I welcome any comments on my build, good or bad, here in my work in progress post.

Steve....what yellow is that? It's what I had in mind for mine. 

I really can't remember exactly what it is. This is what I remember though,,

It's the original "Nash Bridges" issue. A lot of people were saying the color on the cars was "Bahama Yellow".

So I had a touch-up bottle mixed at a local auto paint shop. Nope. Way off. 

This was back in the early days of the internet so good info wasn't as easy to find but I did find an article on the cars that said they were supposed to be that color but it didn't look good for the camera and they had them all repainted with a color from the commercial color chart. 

So, I found the chart and the only color on it that it could have been was Dodge commercial "School Bus Yellow"

IIRC, That's what I had mixed for it. BUT, I understand Tamiya has a color called "Camel Yellow" that's pretty close.

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

I really can't remember exactly what it is. This is what I remember though,,

It's the original "Nash Bridges" issue. A lot of people were saying the color on the cars was "Bahama Yellow".

So I had a touch-up bottle mixed at a local auto paint shop. Nope. Way off. 

This was back in the early days of the internet so good info wasn't as easy to find but I did find an article on the cars that said they were supposed to be that color but it didn't look good for the camera and they had them all repainted with a color from the commercial color chart. 

So, I found the chart and the only color on it that it could have been was Dodge commercial "School Bus Yellow"

IIRC, That's what I had mixed for it. BUT, I understand Tamiya has a color called "Camel Yellow" that's pretty close.

Thanks. It looks great. After looking at the color I did my interior with I'm not sure yellow is the way to go. I'm still thinking on it. Saw one in a lime green that looked real good, may go with that.