Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis "The Dragster" Monogram Reissue

TooOld

36 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

Thanks for the history on this, Bernard. You have to know that one of these will find its way to my display case!

Who are you kidding? You KNOW that when you get into it, you'll replace everything with a vastly superior scratchbuilt part and your finished, magnificent model will have not one kit part remaining in it! B):lol:

Model on, old friend! ;)

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Who are you kidding? You KNOW that when you get into it, you'll replace everything with a vastly superior scratchbuilt part and your finished, magnificent model will have not one kit part remaining in it! B):lol:

Model on, old friend! ;)

Hahaha! You know me only too well! I might do a little work on a couple of parts!😁

The way this kit was tooled, adding Chromed Valve Covers will be a simple swap. Also, changing out the Rims/Tires will be straight forward. So, just a few changes of Detail Parts, will yield different looks.

I can see Atlantis selling large numbers of these kits.

I did not see this one coming, but I'm so happy to see this being reissued. There are never too many kits of these vintage Dragsters, and this kit has been on my "Want-list" for a long time... Needless to say, I'll be buying a couple when it's out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:11 AM, Casey said:

Via Atlanti's facebook page: 

Atlantis Toy and Hobby 

"Here is our all new 1/25 scale tire tooling. This will be used on the Mooneyes kit and many others"

I don't think this kit will benefit directly from Atlantis' new tire tooling since this kit has plastic tires molded together with the wheels. To use these new tires they would also have to tool up a new set of wheels for this kit (which wouldn't be the worst thing ever because those wagon wheel looking front wheels have got to go.)

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I don't think this kit will benefit directly from Atlantis' new tire tooling since this kit has plastic tires molded together with the wheels

You are correct. I posted it in the wrong topic, and just corrected it.

• Like 1

That is a Clean, Sharp Build!

It really showcases the old Monogram tool. My hat is off to whoever built it. It makes a Half-Century Old kit, look like a million bucks. Of Course, not as detailed as a modern kit, but this build showcases the charm inherent in this kit.

Bravo! I hope you sell all you can get, Justin.

• Like 2

😎😎😎

Most of us Oldtimers will enjoy "stepping back into the past" with this kit, and the Mooneyes dragster both!!!  Waiting for BOTH to get out, as mentioned, will make nice additions to the shelf that houses some of the old "Double-dragster" kit cars...

DJ

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't seen any of Atlantis' automotive subjects at HL so far. Tons of aircraft, space and armor though.

I have not either.....but  Hobby Lobby runs 6 - 9 moths after release on many items...so hoping! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...