Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nearly 300 images from the GoodGuys 2021 Columbus Nationals....

The 2021 edition of the GoodGuys hot rod show, their biggest of the year, kicked off on Friday, July 9 with a drizzly and foggy morning. Though participation at the start of the day was clearly down vs. previous (mostly sunny Friday morning) years, activity picked up and the rain stopped (mostly) by the end of the morning. Parking in the Spectator lots was full by early PM, indicating that the weather was no longer chasing off fans of what is probably one of the two top outdoor shows of the year (the NSRA Street Rod Nationals being the other).

One change this year from prior shows....a larger presence of factory stock and mildly tweaked cars from the 1950''s, 1960's, and 1970's (and even an Australian Falcon)....so this show is no longer inspiration for just for the hot rod and street machine modelers.  

Hoping you enjoy these photos from show during Friday morning and early afternoon...

Best Regards....TIM

DSC 0147

• Like 1

Just heard from Fred Farrand (yes, that Fred, who has posted his terrific work here on this board in the past) that his just-completed 1/1 '36 Ford won a Builder's Top Ten at GoodGuys. Sorry, no pix (he held it back for a Saturday reveal).  Yet another modeler that does great in 1/1 scale, too.  Way to go, Fred.   TIM  

22 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks for posting these great photos Tim especially for those who simply can't do it any more. I see a proliferation of long roofs here,shame there are so few kits available.

Thanks Tom....obviously we missed you this weekend but kinda felt like you were there in spirit.  Glad you enjoyed the pix!   TIM 

Steve, Mike, and Bill:  Glad you guys enjoyed the pix, and thanks for saying so....Cheers....TIM

PS Bill - I've also noticed that the Chryslers at Carlisle is always the same weekend as the GoodGuys Nats.  Columbus is a day trip from where I live, vs. Carlisle a 2 1/2 -3 day trip,  but one of these years I gotta do that....sounds as though it is bigger than the Mopar Nats these days...TIM