Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 GM Goodwrench Monte Carlo

Captain Spaulding

48 minutes ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Kevin Harvick is the man! Took over when Dale Sr was killed at Daytona in 2001  in the #29 car for Childress. In his 3rd race he won at Atlanta and later at Chicago.

Won Rookie of the Year in 2001.

Harvick is one hell of a driver, became a fan of his after he won at Atlanta in 01. Did one heck of a job in that Goodwrench car that year. Unfortunately Childress cars were hit or miss so never got to show how good he was in them. Sure showing how good he is since moving to Stewart-Haas.

Got this build on hold for a week or so, didn't realize there was a difference between the AMT and Revell kits until bigryan18 pointed that out.

Found a 2004 Revell Jeff Gordon kit on Ebay that comes with 2 aftermarket decal sheets for a really good price. Once it gets here that will be the donor kit for my Harvick build.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

Got the chassis painted today and some detailing done. Painted it with some model master primer paint I had. Got rid of that plastic look and close enough to what the interiors are painted in Nascar.

20210721_200207.jpg

I believe it varies car to car depending on sponsorship and color scheme. You should be able to google the car your building and look at the pictures. I don’t watch it like I did years ago..

6 hours ago, slusher said:

I believe it varies car to car depending on sponsorship and color scheme. You should be able to google the car your building and look at the pictures. I don’t watch it like I did years ago..

It used to vary but in the late 90s Nascar made the change that all the interiors had to be the same white color. 

I still watch, definitely not what it used to be.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, Captain Spaulding said:

Got the body painted last night, let it cure for a few days before I start to add the decals to it.

Been a nice easy build so far.

20210722_133503.jpg

Did Harvick ever drive a black car for RCR?  Just asking I don’t know friend..

19 hours ago, Captain Spaulding said:

He drove a black Budweiser car for RCR in 2010 and 2011 before the scheme was changed.

Would of loved to see them run an an Earnhardt black and silver scheme for Harvick at least once.

I am glad you know, Jason. You are doing a very nice job..

This build isn't moving forward any time soon. Woke up this morning to my cat playing with one of the wheels off the car. Never a good sign.

The cat decided to jump up on the table through the night and my car ended up on the floor with pieces everywhere. Lots got broken and right now couldn't be bothered with it. Gonna stick it in a box and maybe try to fix it another time.