Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Ford F100 - Bow Legged Brenda

Awesome build, I love the detailing and weathering, not to mention the engineering and powertrain mods. Looks  like maybe a 3D printed frame and air tank? Where did you source the engine? This one's going into my inspiration folder for sure 😁

On 7/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, thatz4u said:

Gerald, fantastic build, way kool, where do you get your ideas for this stuff??

thanks Al....I take inspiration from all over...mainly 1:1 cars I see at shows or online.

On 7/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, Zippi said:

That Ford is layin down man.  I'm digging it.

Thanks Zippi thats to the goal!

On 7/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, misterNNL said:

Love everything 'bout this ride. Can crushin low, and detail rich. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.

Can Crushin Low - I like that! Thanks!

On 7/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, Spex84 said:

Awesome build, I love the detailing and weathering, not to mention the engineering and powertrain mods. Looks  like maybe a 3D printed frame and air tank? Where did you source the engine? This one's going into my inspiration folder for sure 😁

yes frame is 3D printed and air tank.  The Coyote Engine came from Iceman Collections on ebay

On 7/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, Koellefornia Kid said:

Perfect from every angle! Stunning build!

thank you Koellefornia Kid

4 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Incredible work... Very nice... So much effort, obviously, went into this project... Very nice...

Thank you kilrathry10. A Lot of time and Effort

On 7/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, espo said:

I like the beater look with the trick chassis and power train. I'll bet the U-Joints get a real work out on the rear section of the drive shaft, Nice interior details as well. 

yes the carrier bearing and u-joints would be shot! Thanks

On 7/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Jonathan said:

Beautiful work!

Thank you Jonathan

17 hours ago, cobraman said:

Very impressive work.

Thank you Cobraman

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, PappyD340 said:

Fantastic build, excellent weathering!

Thanks Larry

On 7/17/2021 at 12:32 PM, grodudulle77 said:

I really like the look, awesome work !! 👍😀

On 7/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

I like the weathering too.

Those floorboards must've been a rusty mess to need that many metal signs to fix 'em. 👍👀

floor boards were shot and so was the bank account after adding the coyote so he had to improvise~!

On 7/17/2021 at 7:22 AM, David G. said:

You have so much coolness going on and it all works so well together that it's hard to single out any one thing to comment on.

Great work!

David G.

Thank you David I appreciate it!

On 7/17/2021 at 12:32 PM, grodudulle77 said:

I really like the look, awesome work !! 👍😀

Thank you Sir

On 7/30/2021 at 11:05 PM, majel said:

Wow!! Another impressive build, it goes well with the '64 you had in the Desert Scale Classic.  Great job!

Thank you Majel, Safire6, Slusher, ChrisR and anyone I might've missed!

Its nice to hear all the comments after you finally finish a build, like the hard work paid off, people like what youve been spending all this time on.!  Thanks Everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gerald, absolutely love this one. I like all your builds actually! Great stuff. The floor boards are very cool, I assume you printed your own decals for that. Haney’s pub decals are a  nice touch too! My guess is you were born in ‘71 ? As always the weathering is just right, I think the killer motor with straight pipes is my favourite part though! You’d hear this beast a mile away.

Cheers, Steve

Excellent work, especially like the floorboards. Also impressed with your answer to the ever present tailgater, got a feeling when they see that bumper they will stay a respectable distance. On the same note I would be very careful 'banging' second gear, if your hand slips you could get a real 'bang'.