Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transtar 4070 A {Orange with White} My third one from AMT.

This is the third and last AMT Transtar 4070 A that I have built. Painted with Krylon short cuts Tangerine orange and gloss white. The mud flaps have 1" stickers that I found at Old Fashioned Farmers days here in town a few weeks ago.

DSC05980.JPG

DSC05981.JPG

DSC05982.JPG

DSC05983.JPG

DSC05985.JPG

DSC05986.JPG

DSC05987.JPG

Edited by ranma

4 hours ago, Jim B said:

Wow, you're just cranking these Transtars out.

I know, I'm Just like the Harvester Factory was in Ft. Wayne Indiana. My dad started working at the Ft.Wayne plant in 1962 Until they closed the plant in '83  He finished his 30 years at the Springfield Oh Plant in 1992.

As for IH trucks I have built so many that I don't even have to look at the instructions!  I have built Six of the Transtar 4070 A's . Three are Original 1973 issued kit's , and 3 are the New AMT kit.  I've also built 5 Transtar II's 16 Transtar 4300's, 5 Paystar 5000's four Transtar 4270's (4200), and 3 S-series. 12 Scout's, 1 Payhauler 350, and the 1466 Farm tractor. 

My mother gave me dad's 20 year and his 30 certificate's . The 20 years from Ft Wayne's Plant (1982) , and that has the IH logo on it while the 30 years has the Navistar logo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

We're the white decals pretty easy to get laid-down?

They gave me a little more trouble than the blue one's. Other wise they went on fairly easy. I do how ever cut the ones that are on the back of the cab to ease the way that they will lay. Less chance of them twisting and such when the back of the cab decals are split.

Oh yeah... This turned out great... I love the color scheme...(Y'all KNOW) This is a great looking model, and I just have to get a couple of these things... Soon as I get some more money, I'm going to snag a couple... Those stickers on the mud flaps are a really nice touch, too...

Thanks, again for the tips....

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks to all who has made positive comments on this build! I found that using sharpie ultra fine tip Markers  make easy and quick work of the dash gages. Plus putting the IH logo in the center hub of the steering wheel. I use these markers quite a bit for the small area's on car kit's such as side marker lights ect.

shrapie.jpg

Edited by ranma

On 7/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, oldscool said:

Nice model and it makes me feel good to see that I;m not the only one on the forum that lives in a "mobile home".

Don’t feel bad I’ve lived in a single wife mobile home the biggest part of my childhood and teen years and what happens when I get married we buy a modular Home or double wide wouldn’t have it any other way.