Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1940 Ford Coupe: Need front grill

SawgrassRaven

16 minutes ago, misternemo said:

Model Car Garage has a photoetch set for this kit that includes the grille. looks a lot better,but kind of a pain to put it together.

I saw that. Do I need the kit's part for a frame or does the photoetch cover it all? If it does, I won't need the kit piece at all. I'd rather do PE anyway.

Looks like it was intended to simply replace the entire grille. i haven't actually used mine yet,( have used the MCG 1940 deluxe grille and it is NICE) so not 100% positive on that.i do know that the center section has to be added as do three thin trim pieces. so the entire grille would end up being at least 5 pieces. sorry about that,you might want to email and confirm that before ordering one. just FYI,there a couple of really good deals on that set on ebay currently.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:19 AM, SawgrassRaven said:

Hi All! I have lost the large front grill for this kit. Does anyone by chance have a spare? Thanks in advance!

i have a grill for the monogram 40 ford convertible. is it the same? this is the kit i have

https://www.amazon.com/Monogram-Pro-Modeler-Ford-Convertible/dp/B00LC9VZIO

Edited by MrMiles

12 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i have a grill for the monogram 40 ford convertible. is it the same? this is the kit i have

https://www.amazon.com/Monogram-Pro-Modeler-Ford-Convertible/dp/B00LC9VZIO

Nah, it's different. Thanks for looking though! I'm just gonna photo etch it. I suck a PE, but it's on an old car so if I mess it up, well, it's now "dented". :D