Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well NOW I Feel Old!

Snake45

2 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Interesting... it is fun to think of strange factoids like that...like I'm now 1 year older than my Dad was when I was born, and he would 100 this year. 

I'm now the age I always think of my grandfather as being. :blink:

When you're a kid, it was exciting to get your favorite players autograph at a sporting event.  I'm not sure which is worse now......seeing players knowing you're old enough to be their father OR taking you're kids to the autograph session knowing you watched that player's father play the sport and you have HIS autograph!

7 hours ago, TonyK said:

I recently got a race drivers autograph and told him I was a big fan of his Dad when he raced. He said "oh yeah, that's cool" but I sometimes wonder if that's a nice thing to say or not.

Well, if you first told him that you were big fan of him, and only after that you  mentioned being a fan of his dad, I think that would have been ok.

13 minutes ago, Miatatom said:

Try to enjoy every day in some small way. 

After Warren Zevon had been handed his death sentence, he made his last (I think) public appearance on Letterman. Dave asked him, "What have you learned--what do you know that the rest of us need to know?" And Zevon replied, "Just...enjoy every sandwich." The saying became famous (at least among Zevon fans), and would have been a great title for a Warren Zevon song, but of course he never got to write it. But it did become the title of the posthumous tribute album put out by a bunch of his friends, and I can tell you that is a GREAT album. B)