Model Cars Magazine Forum

dscV17 RESULTS ANNOUNCED - Congratulations to All the Winners

Danno

The results of the dscV17 Virtual Model Car Championship have been announced!

There were many outstanding entries, making the jobs of the judges challenging, but they dug in and worked through it all to reach carefully evaluated decisions. 

Go to www.dscv17.com to see all the winning entries!

Many thanks to all who participated.  Congratulations to the excellent modelers whose efforts garnered well-deserved wins!

Thanks also to the Cactus Car Modelers Club, the underpinning of the DESERT SCALE CLASSIC.  Special thanks to the team who made it work; Hal Sanguinetti, Tim Bongard, Renee Kallen, Dale Mickley, and the anonymous Judges (all of whom are relatives of Stig).

And of course, none of it could happen without the support of our loyal and generous sponsors, Torco Racing Oils / TNT Distributing, Craig Hewitt IPMS Chapter, Lunde’s Peoria Volkswagen, Ranger Detail Technologies, LoDan Scale Responders, and Mr. Dan Diane.  Great appreciation also for all the individuals and businesses who sponsored the 103 awards we conferred.

I really enjoyed being a part of this contest - thanks to all you guys for arranging it!  I enjoyed seeing all the great entries too, some really impressive building on display!

As an aside, I like these virtual contests - it would be cool if they could be incorporated somehow when in-person shows get running again!  I don’t have the opportunity to make some of these contests that are a distance away, but it’s fun to participate in them SOMEHOW at least!  

An excellent show again. Thank you very much to all who helped put it on. I agree with Jim, it would be great if we could somehow continue the virtual contest. Although, I very much look forward to making the trip down there to take in the show in person sometime soon. It’s on my bucket list!

I want to put faces to the names of all involved, and I really want an invite to the post show BBQ!!

Cheers, Steve

Thank you, and your team for taking the extra effort to put this online show on again.  Forgot all about it. 😅  Thank you very much for the awards, nice surprise, made my day. 😁  I can see why it took so long, some incredible workmanship.

As they say, "all good things must come to an end" and while I was honored to have participated for the past couple of years, I really hope that the DSC will be able to continue their normal "in person" show next year.

But it was great being able to participate in a show that I likely would never have been able to attend under normal circumstances, so thanks so much for the opportunity fellas!!

Steve

Thank you all for the kind words, and the participation! 

Yes, we plan to resume live events next Spring . . . DSC18 should be in-person!  Unless somebody's govmint surprises with a new lockdown or something. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Best to all,

-danno-

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brizio said:

Great show, with tons of great models, some also ver very unique. Really enjoyed to see all the photos. Good inspiration for future builds! Congratulations to all the winners.

I hope one day to attent this show in person! :)

Congrats on all your wins Fabrizio, you deserve them, your work is AMAZING!!!