Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Boss 302 Mustang

shoopdog

Very well done! Looks great in every way! I'm a little surprised the TS-12 on yours actually looks more red than orange, in fact it looks almost spot-on for Calypso Coral, at least in your pics. I used that same color on a '69 Camaro and it is very much orange on mine.

That's a beautiful Mustang Keith , well done !  If you have luck using a Sharpie then go for it regardless of what some of us may say . I also agree with you about Testors tube glue  , I've been using the orange tube forever and don't plan on changing .

On 7/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, larman said:

Great job! I really like the color! 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:09 PM, TransAmMike said:

Wow Keith, thats a beauty!!  Great job👍👍

On 7/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, Safire6 said:

Wow, that looks great and I love the color! I'm gonna have to pick up one of these kits.

Thanks guys!

You won't be sorry Steve.

17 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Looks great. I too use a silver sharpie for trim, etc. but yours looks better than my wobbly lines. 

12 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Beautiful! Love that shade of orange, good choice 👍👍👍

5 hours ago, deuces wild said:

Another thumbs up. 😎👍

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

That's a beautiful Mustang Keith , well done !  If you have luck using a Sharpie then go for it regardless of what some of us may say . I also agree with you about Testors tube glue  , I've been using the orange tube forever and don't plan on changing .

1 hour ago, oldscool said:

Beautiful Mustang

Wow! Thank you all for the great feedback.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Very well done! Looks great in every way! I'm a little surprised the TS-12 on yours actually looks more red than orange, in fact it looks almost spot-on for Calypso Coral, at least in your pics. I used that same color on a '69 Camaro and it is very much orange on mine.

Thank you Craig! To me it even looks a slightly different color than on my Thunderbolt, same can and both outdoor pics.

4CABFCD7-FB35-4325-AEF7-4BB64D389040.jpeg

78DAF5A6-51DB-43F9-AB56-38FE64B63359.jpeg

This is a nice kit. Just built it myself a couple months ago in the same colour. I went with BMF for the trim. I wish they would would provide a mask for the hood though and just do the thin pinstripe in decal so you don't have to overlay the thicker stripe part over the black paint.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:06 AM, shoopdog said:

Thank you Craig! To me it even looks a slightly different color than on my Thunderbolt, same can and both outdoor pics.

That is something about that color! Mine is as orange as can be, lol. Awesome Thunderbolt as well!!

On 7/22/2021 at 9:08 AM, crazyjim said:

Nice clean, neat build.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:16 AM, smellyfatdude said:

Great looking Boss, and you picked the best color combo possible. I prefer foil, but I’m with you on the Testors tubes. 😎

On 7/23/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dentz said:

This is a nice kit. Just built it myself a couple months ago in the same colour. I went with BMF for the trim. I wish they would would provide a mask for the hood though and just do the thin pinstripe in decal so you don't have to overlay the thicker stripe part over the black paint.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, AMT68 said:

You have a great eye for placing decals. 

And I'm with you on the Testors tube glue. It works just fine. 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:14 AM, PappyD340 said:

Looks fantastic, well done!

On 7/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, slusher said:

Absolutely stunning 😍 Mustang!

Thank you all very much!