Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 scale Kenworth W900 tri-axle heavy haul tractor

Just saw this as it’s been a few weeks since I been on here. You have my attention as I have couple of these big boys in my closet. So, it looks like I’ll be picking a lot of pointers. Btw, who makes those cool AM rubber tires in 1/16? They look super nice compare to the skinny kit tires. Please, share info and link if possible. Thank you kindly.🙂

3 hours ago, youngtiger1 said:

Just saw this as it’s been a few weeks since I been on here. You have my attention as I have couple of these big boys in my closet. So, it looks like I’ll be picking a lot of pointers. Btw, who makes those cool AM rubber tires in 1/16? They look super nice compare to the skinny kit tires. Please, share info and link if possible. 

I got them from www.gardentrucking.com they are actually 1/14 scale tires for Tamiya RC trucks. The ones I'm using for the lift axle are off of a 1/16 scale Ertl dump truck toy.

Ron G 

• Like 1

Greenie, as a modeler I appreciate what you have achieved with your 1/16. I would advice you to open your own thread and share your work and let everyone judge for themselves if it is indeed the best build model they have seen or not.

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to building and scratch building. It doesn’t have to be full blown scratch to call it scratch build. Many love after market items to help with the detail. I see several 3D printed parts in your brake setup that is not scratch build. So, even you have used AM parts to achieve detail. Beside, there is no rule that says we have to make every single component of a working part to qualify as scratch build. Not everyone wants re-engineer a wheel. 

Also on another point, didn’t your mama teach you to don’t act like dumba$$ when you are visiting someone else’s house? I know I fully appreciate what Ron G. is doing and sharing with us here.

• 2 months later...

your truck is coming along great i like what you have done different with doing the small sleeper and the larger tires I built me a tri-axle heavy hauler also that I'm still working on and really love how you did the lift axle suspension mine is no where near perfect but happy to see a fellow tri-axle kw out there still got a few things to finish up with mine if you see anything you might have a question about feel free to ask because i have a few things i would like to ask you about yours keep up the good work cant wait to see it completed

Screenshot_20211130-223205.png

Screenshot_20211130-223232.png

Screenshot_20211130-223244.png

Screenshot_20211130-223301.png