Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 Ferrari Testarossa....now hear me out....

2 hours ago, afx said:

Some period reference you might be interested in:

http://georgeklass.net/mod-sprts.html

GOOD STUFF! thank you! Ive always loved Kellisons, so much so that I have it on my "must own" list. Those late 50s sports cars like Scarabs always were cool in my book. Dean Moons Devin, The numerous Corvettes and early Tbirds built back then were also so cool

My son is sick with some kind of bug so I havent really been able to do much.  I was able to get the rear narrowed when he dozed off last night (the mrs is a 3 to 11 RN) i cut the ends off initially but it wasnt enough, so I cut the ladder bar indexing flats out as well and Im finally happy with the way the slicks poke out.  next step is to get some shop time and get grinding on the body so I can fit the chassis and start those mods. 

20210731_040850.jpg

20210731_040755.jpg

20210731_040932.jpg

Edited by chris chabre

so thanks to a friend of mine whos a design manager at Dodge, im thinking I need to build a dragster chassis to go under my other body...im thinking about using BOTH my v12s I have here...maybe 4wd thanks to Ivos showboat???

no other new stuff. got hit with a serious stomach bug and was in bed most of the week (got it from my son). hoping to get back to life some this weekend.

Edited by chris chabre

14 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh man,you really went out of the box with this very cool build.Of course true Ferrari fans would cringe if that was a real car,lol.I like it a lot. Great job…

Thats what made that era of drag racing so cool.

Thank you, gonna do my best to build something cool

Chris, I'm a purist, I admit that.  Not good or bad but as much as I want to look away, you're build has my interest.  Never thought I'd say THAT but.............good luck with the build and all kidding aside, I'll be checking it out.   cheers, tim

20 hours ago, Codi said:

Chris, I'm a purist, I admit that.  Not good or bad but as much as I want to look away, you're build has my interest.  Never thought I'd say THAT but.............good luck with the build and all kidding aside, I'll be checking it out.   cheers, tim

Im gonna have to bring my A game then!!! Ill try to not disappoint but it wont be anywhere near your level haha oh and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

havent really touched this due to being busy, but I did cut off the front of the willys frame and glued in the front crossmember from a revell 3 window kit. this will allow me to run a transverse leaf up front and keep the car low like I want.

I also started a 57 chevy custom build for a FB group Im in. started a build thread today

20210813_221428.jpg