Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Magazines

Modlbldr

I have quite a few model magazines that I am interested in getting rid of. Looking to trade for car and pickup kits from 20's to current, resin and aftermarket stuff.  I have Car Modeler, Plastic Fanatic, Model Car Journal and yes, I have Model Cars Magazine. Some are old, even premier issues. I live north of Spokane, WA if you'd rather not ship.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

On 7/23/2021 at 6:42 AM, mikemodeler said:

I forget the exact terminology, but there is a way to ship the mags cheaply via the post office, I think it was called printed materials, and is definitely cheaper.

Magazines with advertisements do not qualify for Media mail... 

4.0 Content Standards for Media Mail

4.1 Qualified Items

Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail prices:

Books, including books issued to supplement other books, of at least eight printed pages, consisting wholly of reading matter or scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising matter other than incidental announcements of books. Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers‘ own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style.

• 4 months later...

Still have a ton of model mags and 1:1 car mags for trade.

Model mags include Plastic Fanatic, Model Car Journal, Model Cars mag, Scale Auto.

1:1 mags include Old Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Rod and Custom, GoodGuys etc.

Will trade for just about anything model car related. Kits, parts, builtups, resin.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr
  • Like 1