Model Cars Magazine Forum

As plain as plain could be

Back in 1988 through 1991, Peterbilt offered the model 376, a lightweight plain-Jane truck or tractor. Nearly 2 years ago I decided to build a 376. I modified the hood back then, then never did a thing with it since. Until recently.

Peterbilt_376_12608.jpg

Starting with bare-bones parts from an Italeri PB 377A/E that was missing most everything (I had used all the good parts for other models), I scratchbuilt the bumper, fabricated frame rails from Evergreen strip plastic #391, reworked the cab eliminating the molded on fenders, filled in and eliminated the visible seam above the windshield and made a daycab backwall.

376cabreadytomount.jpg

Here's the finished 376 beside a 377 for comparison.

376and377121108.jpg

376nearlydone12808.jpg

Here is the real truck - with an unpainted grille screen (optional) and no passenger peep window).

PB376specpic.jpg

More pics are on the Recent Builds and on the workbench page of my site at www.timstrucks.com

Thanks for looking!

Tim

The market was city delivery, short hauls, etc. 376 was available as a straight truck or a tractor. The 330 platform was later developed for this market.

The tandem axle version of a 376 was a 375. There were many more 375's built than 376.

Tim

Nice little tractor. What would a truck like this be marketed toward? Beverage or local delivery? Box truck or light dump?