Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Lincoln Town Car

Grzegorz

Hi Grezgorz, that is an amazing build and I am sure it would be very popular amongst American model builders.  When you say you mastered your own body, did you modify existing kits to make the Lincoln or did you carve a wooden mould or something similar? Either way, your skills are incredible, absolutely world class!

Cheers

Alan

I've said it before and I'll say it again

The model building world needs more land yachts. If not just for their beautiful design, simply because they represent something that sadly never will be offered again. They are historical cars and it's sad that none of the model companies offer any...

On 7/24/2021 at 4:21 PM, RomanII said:

I really like the orange car.  Excellent choice of wheels and center caps.  Thanks for sharing pics.

...actually , color is cooper, and second is  medium blue/grey ''williamsburg edition'' thanks

On 7/25/2021 at 2:35 AM, alan barton said:

Hi Grezgorz, that is an amazing build and I am sure it would be very popular amongst American model builders.  When you say you mastered your own body, did you modify existing kits to make the Lincoln or did you carve a wooden mould or something similar? Either way, your skills are incredible, absolutely world class!

Cheers

Alan

itn this case i used my old resin body,it was made when I was making 71 continental.Thanks

On 7/25/2021 at 2:44 AM, Merc-57 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again

The model building world needs more land yachts. If not just for their beautiful design, simply because they represent something that sadly never will be offered again. They are historical cars and it's sad that none of the model companies offer any...

...totally agree!

Another great and unique model by Grzegorz! Too bad there are only 2 of these models existing on Earth.  Many modelers would love to be able to purchase and build their own models like that. But I also understand that when a hobby becomes a business, the fun of making models is gone.

I had the pleasure (in my mid-teens) to ride in one of those "boats". As I remember, it was a beautiful and very shiny silver, with silver leather interior.  It was my mother's friend's car. To a Polish kid visiting USA (used to small Polish and European cars) that Lincoln was amazing!  The air-conditioned interior looked so rich and the supple rear seat was wide enough for me to comfortably lay on it (like on a bed).  And all the flashy gadgets on the "wood clad" dash looked so very impressive.  That oval opera window was also so classy!  And of course the ride was so smooth it felt like we were silently floating over the road, with no road nose in its well-soundproofed interior. So "American"!  I'll never forget those rides.

• 4 weeks later...