Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got the chassis done, I think. Didn't notice there is a skid plate for the front in the kit, but nothing in the instructions about it. Not sure if I can get it on there with the front suspension on, but I may try later. The heat index is already at 108, pretty sure I'm done for the day. 

_IGP9856.jpg

15 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looking sharp.  What color are going with?

Thanks. Therein lies my problem I've been having with the paint. I'm doing this with craft acrylics. I had a GMC truck back in the day and it was light blue, body and interior. So that's what I was going to do. I started with the light blue doing the interior, I could not get it to spray correctly, probably mostly my fault. I had to start over three times, but finally got it to where I liked it. Started the body with the same light blue and never could get it to spray right. So now I got some dark blue, different brand acrylic and it sprays good. But I had already finished up the interior, so I really don't like the contrast with the dark blue body and light blue interior, but I going with it anyway. I'll see how it turns out, may be ok. 

10 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

I know how frustrating that can be. I usually start with the body on my builds, then go from there.  All craft paints are not created equal

That's what I'm going to do from now on, start with the body. I need to get better at preparing the body and take care of it first before moving on with the build. I've been forgetting things by getting into a hurry with my builds. 

Just now, bluestringer said:

That's what I'm going to do from now on, start with the body. I need to get better at preparing the body and take care of it first before moving on with the build. I've been forgetting things by getting into a hurry with my builds. 

I am very impatient.  Its the biggest downfall of all my models

On 8/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, FLHCAHZ said:

I am very impatient.  Its the biggest downfall of all my models

Been there, usually when I rush a model end up in the purple pond twice, lol, now usually don't force it i just put it in the box and go with another