Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Completed Pics* Aoshima AE86 Trueno

Ajay

Made a start on this one which I'm planning on building stock :shock: I thought about spraying it white but was afraid the the red plastic would bleed through so I've gone with Ford Radiant red. Clear is Mr Hobby super clear which needs polishing out before I can start on the black trim (and there's lots of it !).

Rims are Fujimi Watanabes as the rears are a bit deeper than the Aoshima ones, tyres are Aoshima stretchwalls.

trueno.jpg

trueno1.jpg

I'll post more progress as I make it.

Thanks for looking

Andy

Just a quick update on progress - I've polished out the clear and added the matt / semi-gloss black trim (bit of a masking nightmare !). There's a few small areas that will need touching up but overall it hasn't come out too bad.

trueno4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Andy

Hey ajay, I already have made a decision on my next build and you are making it hard for me to decide......... :shock: Like Ismael says, these cars are very popular in Puerto Rico and I have 2 of them in my collection. Hopefully I can stay with my decision but this is coming out very nice man, keep up the good work and most of all the progress and pictures for us to enjoy :wink:

Progress over the weekend:

The kit headlights are hinged so you can have them either open or closed -

trueno6.jpg

trueno7.jpg

The taillights are nicely engineered and come as seperate red/orange/clear parts - the reversing lights just drop in without the need to glue them.

trueno11.jpg

Also completed the interior - I couldn't bring myself to paint it brown !.

trueno8.jpg

trueno9.jpg

The engine is also finished - I haven't added agreat deal of detail over and above the kit except for the plug leads.

trueno10.jpg

So far it's been a nice kit to build - highly recommended.

Cheers

Andy