Model Cars Magazine Forum

The '63 Corvette was almost a 4-seater...

I read the article 3 times and saw nothing that indicated GM made the decision to proto the 4-seater based on Thunderbird sales versus a possible desire to keep competing directly with the T-bird for passenger capacity.

As far as the 1963 Corvette 'almost a 4-seater'. Well before 1963 Zora had a vision for his baby. A 4-seater making production would have ended Zora's relationship with GM. Even then, Zora was too valuable for GM to ever let that happen.

Two comments from me:

I had a Fox body Mustang hatch and my dad always complained about his "thinning spot" being like a bug under a magnifying glass any time I made him ride in the back.

A friend's father had a 63 Stinkray coupe for a couple of years, bought new. Things were different then, but his two youngest kids loved riding in the back cargo area.

2 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

I almost made the same comment.  🙂

Now that I think of it, would it be a 4dr like a sedan or a wagon, or a 3dr like a Hyundai Veloster?!

image.jpeg.035514373a6af739682c1906e4441ed9.jpeg

The Pacers had the longer single door on the passenger side to get back seat passengers to get in and out of the car on the curb side, where the Veloster has 2 passenger side doors and 1 driver side!