Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis 1/16 Chevy Vega Green Elephant funny car

cobraman

Just wrapped this up . Nice kit but I did have some trouble with the decals . Seemed thin and a bit fragile . Maybe I had problems due to the decal size . Anyway ,, painted Testors Lime Ice. Shot some dull coat on the wheels to tone them down . Used mostly wires and hose that I had on hand because supplied ones were just too hard to make work . Built stock from the box otherwise . I used Duplicolor 1K for the clear coats . I know some of the colors I used on some things may be wrong . I used 3 different references and they were at odds on some details so I went with what I thought looked ok . 

BD2AAC0F-60ED-42FE-A122-F10A11DB0046.jpeg

D1DD906E-7D37-4348-98A1-CE1C15B787D2.jpeg

9CD8DF61-08B7-43FE-BCEF-F61820DA331B.jpeg

4180D225-144E-4283-952B-97BD36550B6D.jpeg

E2464E1C-710B-426E-BE8F-C91BA782C9A4.jpeg

A6EE4892-FADB-41F6-98EC-CF69E2217BE0.jpeg

67291FE8-A212-4C1E-A8ED-BE3AC503F35B.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you Tim.  Having built a few 1/16 funny cars years ago I would have to say yes, it was as I expected it would be. The biggest negative I would say about the kit is the supplied hoses. I don't see anyway the material supplied for the plug wires could ever work. I just drilled out the valve covers and cut off the pins on the distributor and drilled it out. Not the best or neatest job but way better than the hose they give you for wires.

Great looking model! Thanks for the paint color info as it looks perfect and I need to get some to build mine. Don't worry about your color choices as I found in looking at reference photos you hardly see the same colors twice.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:19 PM, Daddyfink said:

Nice build, but, my only caveat is the Parachute Line. It would rip the rear panel off that body as soon as it would deploy. 

Otherwise, nice build. 

Your right about the chute line but I just used the holes that were in the body already.