Model Cars Magazine Forum

Perry Cottingham 73 Buick Regal

DoctorLarry

This one started as one picture of a 73 or 74 Buick Regal raced out west by Perry Cottingham. Some of his cars used Kenne-Bell Buick engines from what I've read. This is the only picture we know of of the car so some poetic license is here. My own 73 Buick Century resin body with a modified front end to look like a Regal. Coors T Bird chassis stretched. Seat modified to look like earlier models. The dash was modified to fit. Buick 455 from a Monogram Buick GSX. Resin B-O-P bellhousing and Muncie trans from Forward Resin. Acetate windows. Scratch built plumbing. PPP wheels and Monogram tires. Ink Jet decals I printed (which don't look great). As close as I can get with one picture.

cottingham nascar regal.jpg

Cottingham final 2.jpg

Cottingham final 1.jpg

Cottingham final 3.jpg

Cottingham final 4.jpg

Cottingham final 5.jpg

Cottingham final 6.jpg

Cottingham Final 7.jpg

Cottingham final 8.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, Mark. I have the hardest time with photos on Randy's site. They have to be loaded in url form from a secondary site. I used to have a Photobucket site and then they got crazy so I went to another free site and it is hard to get the loads right. This site is much easier because I can upload directly from my computer. I also love these obscure builds and I just thought this looked cool.

2 hours ago, DoctorLarry said:

Thanks, Mark. I have the hardest time with photos on Randy's site. They have to be loaded in url form from a secondary site. I used to have a Photobucket site and then they got crazy so I went to another free site and it is hard to get the loads right. This site is much easier because I can upload directly from my computer. I also love these obscure builds and I just thought this looked cool.

Yes, IĀ also like MCM.com for the same reason. I can download my photos from my files instead of shipping them to a hostĀ site first. Especially good when doing a wip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...