Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 GTX

Crowmag

Wow! That is really clean and crisp build! If a magic-gennie popped outta a bottle and told me I could have a 1:1 '67 GTX in any color combination that I wanted in my garage tonight, this would be the exact color scheme that I'd choose! Well done! 

Edited by '70 Grande
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah. VERY nice; love that color, it really accents the lines of this body style (one of my favorites). Your model has a very realistic over all appearance, having a nice stance and clean details. The engine bay is beautifully done. I like that the "sit" of the model gives the illusion of heft and weight of the real deal. Very well done; a model to be proud of.

16 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Great looking GTX. Very clean looking all around.  Love the Tamiya Italian red.  I'm painting my 41 Willy's a TS-Italian red.  What did you use as the basecoat?

I wanted the red to be as bright as possible and because I had no white primer I used no primer/basecoat at all, and painted over bare plastic white 

1 minute ago, Crowmag said:

I wanted the red to be as bright as possible and because I had no white primer I used no primer/basecoat at all, and painted over bare plastic white 

Looks like that worked out very well.  May have to try that sometime.  I painted my Willy's a flat gray primer at first and the red was to dark so I re-primed it with a Tamiya basecoat white hopeing that the red looks more like the cap.  

52 minutes ago, Monty said:

Remarkable!  Love the paint, detailing, and clean assembly work.  Props for great photography as well.

Question: I noticed chrome seat braces.  Were those kit parts or did you make them?  If so, how?

Thank you

I used BMF for seat braces