Model Cars Magazine Forum

Acme 1/18 Willys Gasser 33 ?

cobraman

This kit is metal and plastic . Because the die cast section does not include a WIP I thought it may be OK here . If not please move . Main body is metal but front end is plastic . Frame and engine block also metal . Some painting and assembly is done but not all . Body is primed but I had to prime the plastic hood section . The doors had the windows riveted in so I had to drill them out so I could remove them for painting . Only on the first page but already came across two parts shown in the directions but not part of the kit . Kit was new so these parts just not included . So I made them . Two engines and transmissions are included as are a choice of wheels  . Not sure of color but it will be two tone I think . 

5AF4C7D5-E512-468F-834F-9D260DF0D7F0.jpeg

C2E3CAAF-F8A9-4CA7-80CA-A1D198716144.jpeg

DFF3DE56-ACC3-4DBD-A538-C3D763BC2767.jpeg

• Like 1

It's not bad Chris. Body is already primed, some parts like engine is painted. Some optional parts. I didn't like that the windows on the doors were riveted in place so I drilled out the rivets so I could paint better without having to mask. The frame is metal and painted a gloss black. The front axle was already mounted as were the front tires. The steering works. Rear end was mounted already also. Drivers seat already has fabric seat belts applied. Choice of engines with different headers blowers and scoops. Lots of small parts that are bagged and numbered. Front wheels shown on box are not in the kit but rather a nice set of 5 spokes which I like better anyway. A year or so ago I bought the Fiat drag car kit but never got it assembled. No instructions of any kind and ended up using parts to modify a die cast Cobra into a drag car.

Well, since I don’t trust myself to pick a second color when I do a two tone paint job I normally ask my wife . I am partly colorblind so I like a second opinion . This second color is what she chose . It’s Tamiya Pearl Blue . I’m not really feeling it but it’s too late now . 

8B2C9A62-BAEF-499D-8AF0-ECC2AEB13F6B.jpeg

9ECC9646-099B-41DC-A2AA-9563AD3D10B6.jpeg

Ray, nice, nice car.  I think you're wife was right about the color.  I would love to see the car shot in natural light as I'm sure it will pop.  Any input / insights you have on that duplicolor clear you're using would be helpful.  Looks nice in the pics.  cheers, tim