Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spread Axle Trailer

Hello everyone, I am trying to convert my Great Dane Moebius 53 foot trailer (part 1302) into a spread axle. I have searched all over and cannot get a good measurement for the axle distance from hub to hub. I saw one measurement for 122" and another for 97" and yet another that said the front axle is set at 41' could someone please help me clear this up?

Common spreads include 8’, 9’, and 10’, give or take a few inches. So, the 97” and 122” would both work fine.

I’ve seen a lot of 10’ 6” spreads, or 5.04” in 1/25 (5” basically). This seems to be the standard. I think the 41’ measurement is from the kingpin to the first rear axle, and on a 53’ trailer, that sounds right for a spread axle.

For whichever measurement you want to try, mock up what that would look like, and see how you like it.

Something you could check out is the length/axle laws for your state, (sounds like you already have) if you’re looking to replicate something plausible for your 1/25 highways.

Edited by vincen47