Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR Street Custom - Hakosuka GTR

lghtngyello03

I didn’t post any WIP pics here due to trying to keep up with it on Instagram and Facebook , but I am still always going to share completed pics here.

After a month and half, I was finally able to finish up the Hakosuka GTR. What an amazing kit, it went together with no issues and fitment was great!  I definitely see myself building another one of these in the future..possibly with an RB26. 

The kit is a Tamiya Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR Street Custom 1/24. 

Body color is Melon Yellow by ScaleFinishes topped with Splash Paints 2k Clear Coat. I polished it out using a dremel and automotive polishes wish some foam polishing pads. 

Interior has an Eduard photo etch harness for the drivers side, and self made ribbon belts with Modelcar Garage photo etch buckles for all the rest. The floor mats are from wolfster74 on eBay and the magazines/comics are from cmgh_garage on Instagram. I opted to make this car have the optional carpet kit, so I used black embossing powder for the carpet. The helmet and gloves are from the kit. 

The engine bay was fully wired and plumbed, as well as added brake lines. The catch can was self made using square styrene tubing, some styrene sheet, and Detail Master steel braided hoses/AN fittings. The wired distributor and coil are from Gofer Racing. 

Wheels are also from the kit, and are finished in Splash Paints Gunmetal Metalizer. They also have RB Motion Valve Stems. 

Now time to get back to the next project!! 

89B5D9A2-EC6E-4ADC-86BE-45D3ECC619AB.jpeg

6D0A5353-85A5-465E-883F-F3A382B0AEC3.jpeg

F72D4B06-91BC-46C7-A6CA-E228DEDADA81.jpeg

19F14A71-F440-4336-B5A3-E790101D77D1.jpeg

FCBECC1F-C819-43E9-B346-F53D160A6157.jpeg

70037444-1838-413F-9415-54A58D1C53F2.jpeg

DC9EDCB8-68F7-4071-A4A8-DDF50C186D2B.jpeg

5F22FA65-4B62-49BE-9E91-86B980197F77.jpeg

8C1E05DE-FA13-4B3B-AD72-752C2560EC53.jpeg

1AF777AD-5E89-409D-B6BB-CBF45AFB9135.jpeg

B8F75231-875E-4C3C-AE5B-7E49557D0501.jpeg

AF0D7B95-36E4-4688-BF45-C20A11A9D983.jpeg

E7DBCE16-556E-43FF-BB9A-5F07AB6A86B7.jpeg

BF638473-7B60-46FC-905C-4B85CB2F9D01.jpeg

• Like 1

Scott, your Skyline is amazing! Super clean lines and details throughout, and a great color choice for that little car. The interior is incredible!

...For your chrome trim, did you use BMF and then accent with a wash, or is it a mask and spray application? It looks super!

49 minutes ago, Venom said:

Scott, your Skyline is amazing! Super clean lines and details throughout, and a great color choice for that little car. The interior is incredible!

...For your chrome trim, did you use BMF and then accent with a wash, or is it a mask and spray application? It looks super!

Thank you sir! I knew I forgot to put something in the detail list…lol always do. 

It is bare metal foil followed up woth Tamiya Panel line accent. 

19 hours ago, Intmd8r said:

Sharp looking build.  Definitely one of my favorites.

Thank you very much sir! 

19 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Really great build Scott....attention to detail every where. A pleasure to look at. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks Rich!! 

19 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Beautiful build! Looks really good!

Thanks man!! 

18 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Excellent work!

Thank you!!

13 hours ago, Zippi said:

Super clean looking build.  Fantastic detail work.

Thanks buddy!!

14 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That's fantastic. A very sharp build and the dark edging around the chrome trim really adds to the look.

Thank you man!  The real cars have a black rubber trim on them with like a chrome plating or actual chrome. This was the only acceptable thing to do to look accurate. I am pleased with the results . 

12 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Outstanding details work, very nice build, great job !!! 👍👍👍

Thank you! 

12 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Great looking build, excellent job doing all the extra detail work.

Thank you very much. The extra work was well worth it in the end. 

9 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looking great!!

Thanks Chris! 

8 hours ago, afx said:

Nice work.

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, MarcoTJ said:

Very cool! 

Beautiful work!

Now I'll have to buy this kit...

Definitely Worth it to buy. I’m definitely going to be picking up another one for future builds with a big single turbo rb26 resin engine kit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Beautiful, very clean build.

Thank you very much! 

5 hours ago, ATHU said:

Super nice build with excellent attention to detail!!

Thanks man!  I think this is my favorite engine bay and interior on any build yet. 
It’s a shame the interior had to be covered up. 

13 minutes ago, SickBoy said:

Just beautiful. I already have a special place in my heart for old Datsun/Nissans, this build just warms that place! Amazing details all around, great work, truly did this car justice. Love it!

Thanks so much man!! I love any old Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, or Mitsubishi. This car was calling me to build it lol