Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clear coat, pledge

I've been wanting to try the pledge/ future for a clear coat on one of my models. Doseit need to be airbrushed or can I brush it on, I really don't like using an airbrush would rather brush it on I want to try it on my vett but don't want to screw it up. 

0BAB17CA-600C-438C-9A6D-62C19EB4F2E2.jpeg

D60B256E-3B18-4DF8-8F86-8EF821A48FF1.jpeg

• Like 1

I have tried it using a new soft brush. The solution is self leveling or so they say. I have seen some examples that people have done and it looks fine. I was not very happy with they way mine turned out and will stick with spray clear. Good luck if you try it. BTW your Vette looks great !

7 hours ago, vett said:

I've been wanting to try the pledge/ future for a clear coat on one of my models. Doseit need to be airbrushed or can I brush it on, I really don't like using an airbrush would rather brush it on I want to try it on my vett but don't want to screw it up. 

0BAB17CA-600C-438C-9A6D-62C19EB4F2E2.jpeg

D60B256E-3B18-4DF8-8F86-8EF821A48FF1.jpeg

Great looking 'vette Fred.  Question for you....what is the paint and is it already cleared??

I think your Vette looks just fine the way it is.   Save your p!edge for another project.  I did do a spoon test some time back where I painted 3 spoons red and cleared all three.  I use Rust-Oleum clear gloss, Tamiya TS-13, and Pledge Revive It.  They all looked pretty close.  The paint and clear was air brushed.

Edited by Zippi

On 8/7/2021 at 9:33 PM, vett said:

Thanks guys maybe you'd right, I'm always looking for better but I may screw it up 

If you want to do anything just take some Formula 1 Scratch out and polish what you have there. Or just leave it alone. I've never been disappointed with Scratch out though, as in it never goes too far.