Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 chevy caprice


michelle
 Share

Recommended Posts

i  wish i had a  mid to late 70's chevy  v6  engine  for this  model   i did not what to use  a v8  for it  so  for now untill i find a the engine i want for it i curbsided  it 
i painted the body rust-oleum universal  pearl metallic  sea mist 
the interior  i painted rust-oleum 2x satin aqua
 

IMG_3295.JPG

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nicely done!

B-N-L Resins has a V6 that might work for you. They were MIA for a while but I've heard several folks say they've ordered lately and gotten quick turnaround.

Its kind of a generic casting but decent. It comes with a turbo but I'd ditch that.

http://www.b-n-lresins.com/shoppingopencart/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-model-engines-Ford-Diesel-Mopar-Oldsmobile-Toyota-Honda/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-hobby-model-Chevy-GMC-engine/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-model-model-Chevy-V6-Turbo-engine

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MeatMan said:

Nicely done!

B-N-L Resins has a V6 that might work for you. They were MIA for a while but I've heard several folks say they've ordered lately and gotten quick turnaround.

Its kind of a generic casting but decent. It comes with a turbo but I'd ditch that.

http://www.b-n-lresins.com/shoppingopencart/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-model-engines-Ford-Diesel-Mopar-Oldsmobile-Toyota-Honda/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-hobby-model-Chevy-GMC-engine/Aftermarket-resin-cast-1-24-1-25-scale-model-model-Chevy-V6-Turbo-engine

 

thank you 
and thanks for the link 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could saw 2 cylinders off a 350 LT1 and get a pretty decent rendition of a 4.3. The LT1 was in the Monogram C4 Corvettes. 

Was the 4.3 available in the Caprice? I would think that you would need to push it up hills!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Steamboat said:

You could saw 2 cylinders off a 350 LT1 and get a pretty decent rendition of a 4.3. The LT1 was in the Monogram C4 Corvettes. 

Was the 4.3 available in the Caprice? I would think that you would need to push it up hills!

i know they had  the 350 2 barrel  and a 400 4 barrel  in  76 which was the final  year for the  second gen  caprice  
i kinda figured since most  every  car had/has a v6 option  i figured the caprice   did to 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michelle, forget the V6, it wasn't offered in a 76 Caprice.  The only engines I ever saw in that year Caprice was the 350, 400 and 454.  Mom bought a brand new, 1976 Caprice 2dr. coupe with a 454.  It handled like a river barge and got about 12MPG---8 with the air con on.  However, it rode smooth as glass and at 4300 pounds would have been a real Toyota killer at an intersection.  Nice job on the Land Yacht and the color is spot on.    Gee, have I seen that kit before?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks good, nice job! And seconding Gloozalot - the only engine you could get in these barges was a V8. If you went with one of the smaller cars that year, the only six available in '76 was the 250 inline. IIRC, the first V6 Chevy offered was in '78.

Edited by spencer1984
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluestringer said:

That's a beauty. Nice work.

thank you 

11 minutes ago, Nazz said:

Looks great Michelle, love the color choice. 

 

Jerry

thank you 

15 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Nice job Michelle on that biiiiiiig Caprice👌

 

56 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Nicely done Michelle.

thank you 

1 hour ago, spencer1984 said:

Looks good, nice job! And seconding Gloozalot - the only engine you could get in these barges was a V8. If you went with one of the smaller cars that year, the only six available in '76 was the 250 inline. IIRC, the first V6 Chevy offered was in '78.

thank you 

1 hour ago, Gloozalot said:

Michelle, forget the V6, it wasn't offered in a 76 Caprice.  The only engines I ever saw in that year Caprice was the 350, 400 and 454.  Mom bought a brand new, 1976 Caprice 2dr. coupe with a 454.  It handled like a river barge and got about 12MPG---8 with the air con on.  However, it rode smooth as glass and at 4300 pounds would have been a real Toyota killer at an intersection.  Nice job on the Land Yacht and the color is spot on.    Gee, have I seen that kit before?

thank you and yes it is the kit i got from you in our last trade 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turned out very nice in that color. And nice job detailing the trim around the side windows.....I'm working on this kit and those trim lines are not very wide and not necessarily easy to detail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, AMT68 said:

Turned out very nice in that color. And nice job detailing the trim around the side windows.....I'm working on this kit and those trim lines are not very wide and not necessarily easy to detail. 

thank you  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I owned a 76 Caprice for a short time, big ole 4 door in ugliest green color with a green interior to match!

It had a SB 400 that kept overheating found it had 2 cracked heads which was all too common with the 400.

Most I have seen (mostly being used in demo derbys) had the 400.

Like has been said, rode like a Cadillac but had terrible gas mileage!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...