Model Cars Magazine Forum

this is the revell snap kit  
i had to get a replacement  part for it from revell of germany  cause it was missing  from this kit when i bought it new  and   the replacement part  came this morning   
i added  some extra detailing paint work  to certain areas 

IMG_3308.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3311.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

20 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

Nice, always like to see the Jolly Roger flying

thank you  i picked this kit cause this one  reminded me of the blak pearl  from the pirates of the caribbean  films 
i figured revell was not able to get the rights to make a model kit of the  black pearl so they created thier own based on it thus  the black diamond was created 

58 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Arr!  She looks nice, matey!  Rig her up & she'll be ready for the Spanish Main.

thank you 
the model is finished i do not even plan to tempt the rigging   never done it before and i do not know enough about rigging  plus would not even know how the rigging would be layed out  not sure what type of real world ship this is  and it could be a generic design  that revell came up with  
also this is the first non 20th century boat i have  built 

9 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks good. You seem to have a wide interest in subject matter in your model building. Gives you more models to choose from !

thank you and it does 

8 hours ago, Zippi said:

Well shiver me timbers....that's one fine looking ship.  Aye, Aye....I like it.

thank you 

Looks good Michelle!

This kit looks similar to Revell pirate ship I built about 30 years ago.  Mine had black plastic sails, and came with a bottle of glow-in-the-dark green paint and glow-in-the-dark stickers.  Per instructions I did the rigging too. I still have it (but it is very dusty)

1 hour ago, peteski said:

Looks good Michelle!

This kit looks similar to Revell pirate ship I built about 30 years ago.  Mine had black plastic sails, and came with a bottle of glow-in-the-dark green paint and glow-in-the-dark stickers.  Per instructions I did the rigging too. I still have it (but it is very dusty)

thank you  

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, chevyman said:

A very clean build, excellant job

thank you 

1 hour ago, showrods said:

Nice work!

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your part from Revell Germany?

thank you  and a week i was surprised to see it in my mail box as when i put in the request i got a notification  they could not fufill it cause of covid restrictions on mailing parts  internationally 

4 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

You can take in from a semi-professional pirate, the Black Diamond looks pretty good to aye. 

thank you matey 

• Like 1