Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 scale 1978 Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne

Here’s another 1/32 Scale Revell Kenworth Aerodyne I’m working on. The Cab color is Mopar Modern Blue but it’s looks darker to me. The frame is Maersk Blue. I ordered some light blue stripes from Jerry at Model Truckin Decals. They will be light blue with a white outline. I ordered the Las Vegas Freightliner stripe. Here’s what I got so far took some outside shot so you can see the deep dark blue 

3DDBA980-D308-48B5-BC1B-2CBAB4FA0491.jpeg

1F86F2C6-8510-4283-BA89-E341E1D60A2C.jpeg

AF727477-4E57-4708-BB96-4B63700A4DDB.jpeg

7300190D-E344-4C49-9376-C3F25BF69EE2.jpeg

Edited by Pete68

• 10 months later...

Well it's been awhile since I had this out on the bench. Thought I would try to finish this one up. Since my last post I ordered some decals from Jerry ( Modeltruckindecals.com) and painted the Air cleaner/Stack bracelets and added the Wheels and Tanks. 

E7114E76-8F36-40DF-8882-7746000FA697.jpeg

C847F29B-5261-4B70-8807-1B064EF08082.jpeg

06549EC4-8B3E-445E-A465-3D05CF345803.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Rockford said:

The stripes will go well with the Aerodyne shape and the paint colour. Any plans for a trailer? That would look great with the Fruehauf van trailer. 

Thanks for the complement. I plan on putting the Monogram Fruehauf Reefer Van behind it leased to National Carrier’s Jerry was kind enough to add them on the sheet when he printed them with out me asking. Hope to have more updates soon for you guys. 

3 hours ago, Rockford said:

I'm curious, silver sided van or white? The Aerodyne K100 is a very accurate cab rendition I find. That will be a great looking rig, looking forward to seeing the finished rig. 

Steve. It will be with white sides and sliver roof. I like the Aerodyne too. Wish Monogram would have done better job on the Freightliner Cabover than they did. The Cabover Peterbilt was a good one too. 

Great colour combination and the stripes fit right in. These were really good kits when you think about it, especially for kids starting to build, they could have a finished rig in a few hours if they wanted. Then too, someone experienced like yourself can really bring the thing to life. They're so much better engineered than the AMT Snap-fits. Shame they didn't keep on them and develop the theme. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rockford said:

Great colour combination and the stripes fit right in. These were really good kits when you think about it, especially for kids starting to build, they could have a finished rig in a few hours if they wanted. Then too, someone experienced like yourself can really bring the thing to life. They're so much better engineered than the AMT Snap-fits. Shame they didn't keep on them and develop the theme. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.  

Thanks. This is how I got kinda got started building Model trucks. I used to sit and watch my older brother Bill build those 1/25 scale kits in the early 1970s I tried a AMT 1/43 Peterbilt one time when I was around 6 years old it was a disaster. Then on the Christmas of 1979 my brother Bill bought me my first Snap Tite model truck which was the GMC General and Mom and Dad bought me the Chevy Bison. Bill helped me with the decals on both but I finally got to build a truck on my own. I have a pic of them sitting together somewhere of them both on our Kitchen table I will post it some day. These have a lot of potential if you think about it but I just still like building them for fun. 

Looking pretty cool. Being not familiar with these at all, it feels to me that this kit is detailed considerably better than the T600, which is what I believe I am building. 

1 hour ago, mrm said:

Looking pretty cool. Being not familiar with these at all, it feels to me that this kit is detailed considerably better than the T600, which is what I believe I am building. 

Thanks for the complement. I have the Kenworth T-600 but haven’t really looked at it closely. The details are nice on this one they changed the wheels to more of a tubeless type  than a tube type as were on there early kits. I like how you are fixing the dash in your T-600 I have a Peterbilt 359 dash I need to fix like that. I’ll have more updates later.