Model Cars Magazine Forum

D-Type Jaguar (long nose version)

Rich Chernosky

I installed two mounting posts and fitted the body to this kit sometime ago but for some unknown reason put it away. Since I am in a "finishing projects mpode" thought it was time to do it.  Resin kits are often just the basics and you have to use youir imagination and research to breing them to life. This was no exception. Paint on this is Tamiya TS-34 British racing green.  Car represents a fresh from the factory look.  A big thank you has to go to Gary McNutt (Gramps46)  who generously supplied the kit  and also to  Norm Veber of Replicas and Minatures of Maryland for the  excellent wheels and tires. Rest of the details in captions under the pictures. Thanks for looking. 

DSC07320.JPG.3acb81b57055f8feef5416d418703841.JPG

Finished kit on its wheels. Went to great lenghts to get the wheels to steer. Knock offs are actually threaded on. 

DSC07321.JPG.ef056b504293d74b3b7b5e5218a535af.JPG

Many oif the panel lines ahd to be deepened as the primer and paint would have covered them. Mirror is from the spares. This car had many mirror combinations. 

DSC07322.JPG.10dd6fcde0337ac1f1e31aab54b56ca8.JPG

I added a few photo etch details from the spares drawer, Windscreen fit nicely but tended to spring away on the right side. There is a very tiny bent pin holding it in place at the top.

DSC07326.JPG.38c11e4ed241a8c89826f87c6c98acfd.JPG

Interior recieved some extra attention in the form of a new steering wheel, handmade shift knob, dash decals from spares. Note the v-e-r-y tiny PE fasteners on the outside of the screen. 

Superb build of a great model (and one of the most beautiful race cars ever) – the addition of poseable steering makes it even better –  very nicely done! 

One can only regret that we’ll never see Paul Fisher’s great sports car kits again but creations like this are wonderful tributes.

Edited by Steve Geer

On 8/8/2021 at 8:15 AM, Gramps46 said:

Beautifully done on one of the most iconic racers of all time.  The wheels really make it pop and threaded knock offs on posable steering!  And then there is the interior!

Thank youi Gary...youi were myh inspiration on this one.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, cobraman said:

Very well done, I like it !

Glad youi did Ray...thanks.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, Steve Geer said:

Superb build of a great model (and one of the most beautiful race cars ever) – the addition of poseable steering makes it even better –  very nicely done! 

One can only regret that we’ll never see Paul Fisher’s great sports car kits again but creations like this are wonderful tributes.

Thank you for the kind words...I am thankful I have most of his kits....including an extra of this Jag. 

On 8/8/2021 at 3:00 PM, ATHU said:

Very impressive model, well done!!

Thank you Anders.

On 8/9/2021 at 5:35 AM, PappyD340 said:

Real nice!

Thanks

30 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks great!  Nice detail on the hood straps

Thanks Chaz...the hood straps were made from brass wire and Tamiya masking tape.  Probably the easiest part of this kit. 

C

27 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Nice looking Jaguar.  Like Chaz mentioned....the hood straps look great.  NIce work on the interior.  

Thanks...I had the pleasure of sitting in one of these cars and took a pic of the interior. Owner wouldn't let me start it,  though.....sigh!

On 8/12/2021 at 2:11 AM, Dave B said:

Great build Rich, especially with your 'signature' posed steering.

Dave B

Thank you Dave....that steering took a little bit of engineering  to get all four tires to lay flat and align in the wheel wells. 

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Beautifully done!

Thank you Carl. 

10 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks

7 hours ago, David G. said:

Sweet details, especially the cockpit and hood straps.

David G.

Thanks Dave, those details can sometimes make or break a project. 

• 1 month later...