Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bullitt" 1968 Charger and Mustang by Revell

doorsovdoon

Not many people wouldn't recognise what movie these cars are from , especially when side by side. After watching the movie the other night, I thought, I need to build those! So I picked up the Revell '68 Charger and '68 Mustang GT and went to work. Quite a few hours were spent looking at movie stills and watching sections of the chase scene on YouTube for reference. The wheel covers for the Charger were very kindly sent by Steve (Can-Con) and the licence plates came from a seller in the States. The Mustang has everything needed in the kit to build a Bullitt Mustang, the only extras needed for the Charger were the wheel covers and to paint some whitewalls on the tyres. I really enjoyed these builds and both kits go together very nicely. The Charger chassis put up a bit of a fight but some careful trimming of the door cards and dropping the dashboard a little had it sorted. Cue "Shifting Gears" by Lalo Schifrin!

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

DSC00895.JPG

Edited by doorsovdoon