Model Cars Magazine Forum

International F- 2674 dump truck

I’m on a roll now with my Super Bee Trucking fleet so I’m going to add the International F- 2674 dump truck but I’m going to switch the Heil dump body with the Autocar Montone dump body. My Montone dump body is from a older issue of the kit and when I was opening the sealed bags I discovered that the front piece that goes over the cab was not completely molded so I’m going to have to fix that part at least it’s just flat piece. I may modify it a little bit to allow for the stack to go straight up. Started with white primer on the cab. 

74A8AEDB-11AB-4BFF-9093-CB4A5A0CD40F.jpeg

9F96D3D1-44BC-445E-B341-D3DBA6F57806.jpeg

71B47E07-FC04-4D0D-8800-CA82813BB771.jpeg

2 hours ago, yh70 said:

you off to a good start my friend and painted it my favorite truck color also.. gonna look great when finished..

Thanks Dave. I’m going to add some black on the front and fenders to go along with my Fleet. Worked on the frame and wheels today.  

8C218317-026C-48C2-A77F-0FD71321DF1D.jpeg

40C16FF7-089F-4736-9349-D687C907D5A9.jpeg

8606631D-A5CB-4049-B2B7-3646077E8EEC.jpeg

13 hours ago, slusher said:

Nice progress Dan.

Thanks Carl 

11 hours ago, Rockford said:

The grille looks great with the real mesh in there. What colour did you use for the dump body? It looks really bright silver, I might use that on my ali wheels. Got to say, this is looking great. 

Thanks Stephen I used Krylon Foil Metallic silver on the dump body. 

I’ve worked on the hood and front bumper plus I’ve got the interior done but no pictures of it yet. This one is coming together nicely for me. The only thing that’s going to hold me up is waiting for the rear tires from Moluminum that I ordered late. 

AB3066E2-E429-4F67-8E6C-14A57804F41B.jpeg

1AE83DDB-C90C-4AC6-8013-1AF3F13B0953.jpeg

DC951D98-CFFE-4793-8549-AD75F03EA26D.jpeg

B8CA5DB5-6B80-4A91-8979-3ED16109AA91.jpeg

Man, that looks awesome... These things look great in yellow, for sure... It's amazing how well that paint works on the dump body... I've used it for years...

I like this cab with this dumper, much better than the Autocar... Can't really pinpoint why, but I like it...

nailed the look ! The floats front tires really give the dump truck a heavier appearance, then putting the montone body on=  fantastic! 

Id be soooo tempted to add a plow hitch frame to the front, some reason this truck screams plow / dump truck to me. Thats just me, I tend to do dumb stuff hahaha 

13 hours ago, Jim B said:

I like it, Dan.

Thanks Jim it’s going look right at home with my other dump trucks. 

10 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Man, that looks awesome... These things look great in yellow, for sure... It's amazing how well that paint works on the dump body... I've used it for years...

I like this cab with this dumper, much better than the Autocar... Can't really pinpoint why, but I like it...

Thanks JT to me the other dump body is to tall for this truck. 

7 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

nailed the look ! The floats front tires really give the dump truck a heavier appearance, then putting the montone body on=  fantastic! 

Id be soooo tempted to add a plow hitch frame to the front, some reason this truck screams plow / dump truck to me. Thats just me, I tend to do dumb stuff hahaha 

Thanks Jeff, you know if I still lived in upstate NY I probably would add that plow for that white stuff but seeing that I’m here in the Houston area and we only see that white stuff once every couple years no plow plans for this one. 

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:25 PM, Smoke Wagon said:

Good choice on the Montone dump body, it suits this rig well. The interior looks great, that faded green really gives it that fleet look. Great work!

Thanks Riley,that’s what I was going for. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:05 AM, slusher said:

Nice interior Dan.  So your trucks just about ready for underglass…

Thanks Carl, I’m waiting for the respray on the cab to dry and the new back tires. So I’m starting on the Autocar dump truck with the dump body from the International now. 

• 3 weeks later...