Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 82 Firebird 1/16 scale

Ctmodeler

Started my 3rd recovery model build. 82 mpc 1/16 firebird. Love F body's ! I have read about and watched videos about this kit before starting it. Rumor is that the kit has alot of fitment issues. I guess we'll see lol. Comments always welcome. Thanks !

Ken

20210810_205801.jpg

20210810_210639.jpg

16287149739116389044688826545601.jpg

Some progress on the bird .. engine installed and rear suspension done. The rear end appeard to be about 1/8" too far forward well see . Here's a quick mock up with the wheels. Thinking silver outside with big red chicken on the hood and red inside OR blue chicken on the hood and blue inside . What do you guys all think ? Let me know and thanks for looking 

Ken

46 minutes ago, djmcguire said:

What is going on with that big, giant 'R E M O V E' molded into the door...that's not real convenient.

That isn't the actual door. The door comes in two halves, the interior and exterior. What you are seeing is just the moulded in support for the body, as the doors are on separate sprues.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

That isn't the actual door. The door comes in two halves, the interior and exterior. What you are seeing is just the moulded in support for the body, as the doors are on separate sprues.

That makes far more sense and now that I look closer I can see the attachment points to the actual body and how 'undersized' it actually is...perhaps those folks telling me I might need glasses are right after all.

2 minutes ago, djmcguire said:

That makes far more sense and now that I look closer I can see the attachment points to the actual body and how 'undersized' it actually is...perhaps those folks telling me I might need glasses are right after all.

Well when I started my firebird, I was confused as well. As for glasses, the only person who can tell you to get them is an optometrist haha

• 1 month later...