Model Cars Magazine Forum

96 accord

Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

Hey! Glad you reposted your Accord.  Nothing wrong with building Hondas!

Don't take anything personally,  I'm the builder of odd and weird stuff and sometimes my stuff gets a lot of views and no comments. I just laugh and think that the  "Big Engine in a Tiny Body" guys looked, saw that my model didn't have a Hemi sticking out of it and moved on!

And when you don't get instant, or a lot of comments, keep in mind that there are a lot of readers who don't comment.  They very well could enjoy your work.  Several to many times I've had someone email me offering me a part I needed or just to say they liked my work.  

As far as building stuff outside the main interest of the majority of readers, you may be able to teach them something!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hey! Glad you reposted your Accord.  Nothing wrong with building Hondas!

Don't take anything personally,  I'm the builder of odd and weird stuff and sometimes my stuff gets a lot of views and no comments. I just laugh and think that the  "Big Engine in a Tiny Body" guys looked, saw that my model didn't have a Hemi sticking out of it and moved on!

And when you don't get instant, or a lot of comments, keep in mind that there are a lot of readers who don't comment.  They very well could enjoy your work.  Several to many times I've had someone email me offering me a part I needed or just to say they liked my work.  

As far as building stuff outside the main interest of the majority of readers, you may be able to teach them something!

I appreciate it, thanks for the kind words 🙏

As others have said, good to see you show the pics again. Its keeps this place interesting when members bring and show something different.

Done well making a race car look like a tidy tuned street car. Nice colour choice, wheels suit the car well and its just how I like a build, low !

Look forward to seeing what else you build.

• Like 1

I saw this first time around and liked it, then came back for another look and comment and it'd gone, so I'm glad to see it's reappeared!

Nice work, a very '90s Honda colour for it and the OEM bumpers have turned out really well.

Could the bumpers off an Aoshima Accord wagon also be used I wonder?

3 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

As others have said, good to see you show the pics again. Its keeps this place interesting when members bring and show something different.

Done well making a race car look like a tidy tuned street car. Nice colour choice, wheels suit the car well and its just how I like a build, low !

Look forward to seeing what else you build.

I appreciate it bro 🙏, I actually have billet style wheels on it now

IMG_20210819_160330_325.jpg

IMG_20210819_160330_353.jpg

34 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I saw this first time around and liked it, then came back for another look and comment and it'd gone, so I'm glad to see it's reappeared!

Nice work, a very '90s Honda colour for it and the OEM bumpers have turned out really well.

Could the bumpers off an Aoshima Accord wagon also be used I wonder?

I appreciate the kind words. Yes, the wagon front bumper will work with some modifications. Theres a japanese builder from Japan that used the wagon front bumper, the rear bumper on the wagon  I don't think would work since the shape is completely different. I have the wagon but, it's cursed or just hates me. Everything was fine and my son accidentally dropped something on it and broke the windshield. No big deal got it fixed. A week later I dropped one of my son's books on it, broke the right D-pillar and rear windows. Here's some pics of that. It'll have the same wheels and color as the sedan, kinda like a matching pair.

Sub box

Screenshot_20210820-094722.png.6e65a0999ebce571024dc8a80a7bbc58.png

Screenshot_20210820-094752.png.c48288b13b590e1755d7183fb78f4df9.png

Screenshot_20210820-094812.png.0ed342ffb61ef43a06ee7f18b4eddc23.png

Edited by Outlaw_Pitbull_0411

I've always thought it'd be cool to model the entire line of Accords, Camrys, etc.  - you know, standard cars.  Of course, with a second copy of each one modified to taste.  😎

Nice work on the sedan and the wagon.

22 hours ago, Outlaw_Pitbull_0411 said:

Tamiya JTCC piaa accord

and there is a kit I'd love to see reissued. 

11 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I've always thought it'd be cool to model the entire line of Accords, Camrys, etc.  - you know, standard cars.  Of course, with a second copy of each one modified to taste.  😎

Nice work on the sedan and the wagon.

and there is a kit I'd love to see reissued. 

I appreciate it 🙏

Some of your stuff isn’t really in my tastes, but I can surely appreciate it! ... Reguardless, it’s obvious you have a passion for what you do and I think that’s what this site is really about. You do good work, and if you stick around, maybe some things will change more to your liking. I can understand your frustration, but it may be builders like you who influence changes in categories here. Perhaps an “Alternatve” catagory could be put in place. Best of wishes.👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

Some of your stuff isn’t really in my tastes, but I can surely appreciate it! ... Reguardless, it’s obvious you have a passion for what you do and I think that’s what this site is really about. You do good work, and if you stick around, maybe some things will change more to your liking. I can understand your frustration, but it may be builders like you who influence changes in categories here. Perhaps an “Alternatve” catagory could be put in place. Best of wishes.👍

I appreciate it venom 🙏

• 4 weeks later...

Looks sharp to me too. That front on pic is just plain nasty.

Even though my cars are more "mainstream" I guess you could say, sometimes I only get a handful of comments and most of the time my posts of a build in progress won't get any comments. That's just the way it goes, nothing to worry too much about. 

That said, it does sting to put up a build and not get recognition for it. Been there, got the T shirt and everything.😉 

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Looks sharp to me too. That front on pic is just plain nasty.

Even though my cars are more "mainstream" I guess you could say, sometimes I only get a handful of comments and most of the time my posts of a build in progress won't get any comments. That's just the way it goes, nothing to worry too much about. 

That said, it does sting to put up a build and not get recognition for it. Been there, got the T shirt and everything.😉 

Yea it does suck but, I get it. All I build are slammed Hondas and mini trucks. I know what I like and do aren't everyones taste, I got over it. I appreciate the kind words bro, thank you. I have lowered EK hatch in this thread, plus a w.i.p eg hatch in that thread, and a bagged GMC Jimmy in the work in progress truck thread. If you have seen any of those.