Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 Chevrolet Silverado CK 1/25 Revell #85-7646

I'm really not often on this forum. Sorry for that. So I took some time, to show another kit, that I finished in Jauary 2021 (!).

I didn't plan to build this cool pick up truck. It sat over "decades" in my shelf until a guy asked my brother, to rebuilt his GMC Sierra, based on this Chevrolet. So my brother and I started a conversion (I will show it later). This kit I only build, to show the changes, we've made.

This kit is stright out of the box. Nothing changed.

It is this model kit, I used:
718z.jpg

The built up was good. No problems. If this kit would not be that rar in Germany, I'd buy a hand ful more of it to convert it into the different cabs. A short on, a crew cab and king cab or what els is out there would be cool to have.

Enough of the words, here are the pictures.
718_50.jpg
718_51.jpg
718_52.jpg
718_53.jpg
718_54.jpg
718_55.jpg
718_56.jpg
718_57.jpg
718_58.jpg
718_59.jpg
718_60.jpg
718_62.jpg
The engine bay
718_63.jpg
The under carriage
718_64.jpg

At the end two pictures of the convertion to a GMC. More pictures will follow.
file.php?id=49482
file.php?id=49483

Edited by christian-w
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much! I'm not that often here and the last weeks we had some trouble here in my area.

I'm going to do a separate thread for the GMC. There I'll show some pictures of the transformation process.

@Fabrux / Chris

I took a 1/24 scale die cast and did a mold out of the grille. I fitted it to the 1/25 body. After a lot of molds it turned out, that it fit to the body. On my point of view, not bad at all. I'll show pictures in the thread for the GMC.

• 2 weeks later...