Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mirage: 1964 Johan Caddy converted to a "Ute"

Superb car Claude, what else can we expect from you my friend... 😊

As usual, all the modifications are done with taste and restraint I would say, the color gives a lot of class to a car that already has a lot, it's a Cadillac after all...  The perfect vehicle for "haut de gamme" deliveries as we say in the language of Molière!

Have you thought that you might have to reserve a table just for you at the next exhibition... 😁

2 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Superb car Claude, what else can we expect from you my friend... 😊

As usual, all the modifications are done with taste and restraint I would say, the color gives a lot of class to a car that already has a lot, it's a Cadillac after all...  The perfect vehicle for "haut de gamme" deliveries as we say in the language of Molière!

Have you thought that you might have to reserve a table just for you at the next exhibition... 😁

Hi Francis!

Thanks for the comments. It's true that the pandemic left me with more time on my hands, but my spring was spent mostly away from the bench, since I had to administer the estate of and old aunt (86) who died unexpectedly. She had no kids, and I was the oldest of the next generation, so the task was mine. But now, all is done, and it's back to normal production (around 10 cars per year). 

So, to your point about my own table at the next show... Let's just hope we have one this coming october in Québec city! If so, I'll bring along my folding table. It would be a good practice for the next (and last) Salt Lake City MCC, which is scheduled for 2022, if I remember correctly. We should definitely go there before we can't walk anymore, isn't it?

CT 

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet build CT!  Lot of plastic work in this and it looks awesome, love the stance and style as well.  The color really pops with the chrome caps and whitewalls, right up my alley!  Your builds are always top notch, pops, Bell and myself always enjoy watching your postings!  

On 9/7/2021 at 11:55 AM, speedy5963 said:

Sweet build CT!  Lot of plastic work in this and it looks awesome, love the stance and style as well.  The color really pops with the chrome caps and whitewalls, right up my alley!  Your builds are always top notch, pops, Bell and myself always enjoy watching your postings!  

Hi Paul! 

Thanks for the kind words.

From now on, to know that I have the attention of the Mattox Styrene Dynasy of California is intimidating! I'll try to do my best. Regards to your family!

CT 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for the comments. It might just be that... there is just too much fantastic stuff to grasp on this forum! Good for us...

CT 

I think it's one of the coolest "utes" I've seen in a long time - I love these sorts of mashups.   Do you have more pictures?  In progress shots?

• 1 year later...